𝟓𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

*

Standing at the end of my bed, straps were sprawled across the dishevelled sheets, that I haven't been bothered to make.

The room was quiet, only shallow grunts leaving my lips in discomfort, while placing on my belt around my waist and legs. Lifting up the remaining straps, I slide my arms through and adjusted the buckles to clip them on. However my head began to be overwhelmed with questions, ones that could never be answered until I got there.

Distressed by it all, I shook my head to shake the dreaded feeling.

"What are you doing up?" his voice calls, knocking me out of my thoughts. "You're meant to be recuperating, not going on a search. It's night, and it takes hours to get there."

Keeping quiet, I purse my lips together while trying to adjust a buckle behind me.

He sighs with frustration when hands met my own from behind, taking over and began to buckle behind for me. Fitting and nestling against my hips, his chin settles upon my shoulder as his arms settles around my stomach. The silence was enough to know that I would be stubborn, not trying to be thick-headed about it.

"I'll be fine,"

He scoffs, "Like I believe that, last you said that, was when titans ran amuck and you ended up fighting all night long," he retorts, as he had a fair point. I will admit everything is unpredictable, not sure whether the beast titan was around. My skin soon crawls, feeling my gut churning just thinking about that mysterious titan.

Leaning against him I smile softly, "I'm feeling better enough to go searching with Hanji, besides......" my eyes wander across the wall, that displayed a few old books and a vase with withered flowers hung over. "......I can't rest til I know Miche is found, he's one of our best soldiers.....and comrade.....a brother....."

My voice grew softer, and less firm, finding myself growing more worried.

His form slightly towers over me even though we were the same height, when he took my chin and brought me to meet his eyes. Turning me around, he was hesitant to let me go. I knew he didn't want me to leave his sight, I couldn't blame him. With everything that occurred about almost a week ago, he's still on edge. He may not show it, but underneath he was curious, and cautious.

His index rests beneath my chin, tilting my head up, his thumb gingerly rests upon my bottom lip.

"Just.......please, don't do anything reckless?" he pleads quietly, but in all seriousness he naturally cared. His piercing silver blue eyes gaze into my own through his raven locks, while my heart sped up in response to his tender touch. "Akira."

The way my name rolled off his tongue, left a warmth in my stomach.

Smiling softly, "I'll be okay, you just rest that leg of yours," shifting the focus on him, knowing my body was almost healed. My fractured rib didn't shift thankfully, allowing just sleep to recover my body.

He scoffs dryly, pressing his thumb firmly upon my bottom lip.

"Dumbass," before teasingly ghosting over my lips, as my hands subconsciously found their way up against his firm chest. His hair tickles above my brows, as a smile drifts upon my lips. My cheeks warmed up at the slightest touch, making me feel weak in the knees.

"Such a teasing bastar--"

He soon closes the distance between us, feeling his warm lips gently soothe my own with a smirk. Moving so softly and delicately, my hands slowly clench his shirt for support, not having this attention in a while.