𝟗𝟒 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐀 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

~*~

A YEAR LATER - YEAR 854

Everything felt unnerving......

The day we went to the international forum with the 'Subject of Ymir Protection Group, was the day Eren suddenly disappeared from us. It was like he decided this before we even set foot off the island of Paradis, and it didn't give us a heads up by leaving us in the dust. Levi, Hanji and I were rather disappointed by Eren's foolish display by working alone. Or so we thought.

He even left a letter behind for us thankfully, by giving up and informing us that he was going to leave our futures up to Zeke. 

This decision didn't clearly add up for us, being that Eren was now siding with his own damn brother. That bastard who took so much from us, and the man who killed our Commander Erwin. The confliction I felt when he left was unfathomable, trying to find a way for to find him at least. Even so, neither of us and even Mikasa would never be able to convince him to let it go. 

Yet, something didn't feel right to me..........

~*~

MEETING HALL - HARBOUR OF PARADIS

Ever since our discussion with our alliance with Lady Kiyomi Azumabito, we've kept our distance for a while. Soon later in the year we began to receive letters from Eren, directly sent by the Azumabito we soon realised Eren needed our help. This meant that for us, we had to go all the way back into Marley and back him up in any way possible. 

To me this was bullshit which was everyone's response....heck we all we conflicted by the few letters we received. 

During all this I tried to be a mother and Section Commander at the same time, balancing the emotional and physical side of it all. Though it was difficult, I maintained my ground and held my head high. The difficulty of keeping my feelings tucked away, wanting every part in restoring peace to our land. Though Kiyomi insisted over and over before to join her, and give up the life in Paradis? I couldn't do what she asked of me, even if she was on her knees.

The meetings happened a few times a week, and weaponry being developed over the course of a year. 

Uniforms becoming more profitable and efficient for our needs, new colours and gear was added to the design. So much has changed over time during the past four years, and even our  Omni-Directional Maneuvering Gear has changed. It was more built for more firearms, similar to the gear that Kenny Ackerman wore from the Military police's design. We had no more titans to annihilate, knowing our enemy is people.

The thought of murdering people left a sickening feeling in my stomach, especially when everything changed so fast. 

With me being Section Commander that also meant either I form a group of soldiers, or sit behind the desk and manage meetings right beside Hanji. Having to make decisions beyond my own control, and my opinions somewhat mattered to some officials of the garrison and Commander Zachary. Especially since we also had to monitor the anti-Marleyan's personnel, the only person I fully trust was either that young Chef boy and Onyankopon. 

"Should we move forward with this?" 

We finally received a letter by Eren, that confirmed that he's either made contact or has been gathering information. Standing at the head of the table I stood my ground, glancing over the map of Marley that the Azumabito secretly gave us. It gave us the routes, and boundaries of the Liberio. It is a metropolis intersected by some large river near a railway, with three given notable sections.......