𝟑𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

*

TWO WEEKS LATER

"No!!!!!"  painfully crying out, as my hand reaches out grasping to nothing but thin air. Eyes widen, with nothing but despair and fear. My chest felt heavier while gathering the air I lacked, feeling my body sweating. A small short pants leave my lips, tears coating my cheeks with confusion shaking behind my eyes. What time is it? It must be at least around five....

My hand soon lowers, sinking beside me while tears threaten to spill more.

This nightmare is so painful.......why?

My body felt numb all over, seeing the vivid flashes of the nightmare, that I've had continuously for a few years already. Today felt more painful to breath, inhaling sharply while holding back the whimpers that wanted to leave my dry lips. Taking a moment to recover, I soon shift and lifted my top half running my fingers through my hair, hunching over suddenly feeling sick.

Standing up rather quickly, I ran to my bathroom feeling nauseous out of anxiety.

Finally collapsing to my knees to the toilet basin, and felt myself throw up heavily. Chest heaving tightly, the wave of nausea soon leaves me. My hair sprawls around messily, while I pant painfully, just wanting those nightmares to end. Flushing the toilet, I push myself up as the tiles leave red marks imprinted against my exposed knees.

"Dammit, I need to be strong," clenching my jaw tightly, dragging my feet towards the sink nearby. The moment my eyes rest upon the mirror, all I saw a mess, disappointment and a failure. Purple surfaces beneath my eyes, with tear stains and bloodshot eyes, hair messily tied up with my oversized shirt hung one side of my shoulder.

Twisting the tap I bend down cupping my hands together, gathering some water before drinking it swishing it around. Spitting it in the basin I then gather more water, and splashed my face feeling the cold water awaken me. Splashing my face a few times, I grab my towel and padded my face dry before a heavy sigh leaves my lips.

When will these nightmares stop? It hurts so much.....it hurts to see them die over and over again repeatedly........

I've only slept about an hour or three at the longest, but when I do these nightmares come back, allowing the painful memories to invade my head. No one knows about them, and no one should know anyway. These were my own problems and responsibility, to resolve myself alone and I alone.

//

The rush of the breeze allowed myself to take in everything, while I flew high in the air. Tree to tree, my movements become sharper and more stronger, as every minute goes by. The anger diminishing, and the stress slowly dissolving into nothing.

Seeing the new recruits come in, with slight confidence made me happy.

It made me rather proud to show their courage, especially making the Commander impressed which was rather rare for some. Despite that, so many turned their backs on the real world, and the reality of what's to come, I knew how they felt.

Fear.....such a common word, especially facing the eyes of death....

My hair messily clung to my sweaty temple, while my heart beats faster, the wind pounding against my ears. Yet, I enjoyed the euphoric feeling when soaring through the air, with no ounce of fear, falling. Closing my eyes for a moment, I fall backwards feeling nothing but peace. Soon feeling the warmth from the earth growing warmer every moment I drew nearer, I soon activate my ODM before pulling me back up catching myself.

After flying high up I land upon a branch to catch my breaths, feeling myself pushing a little too hard. My palm rests against the bark of the tree, while lifting my eyes out to the sunrise that displayed beautifully. The orange and red merge into a soft gradient, allowing the gold to illuminate the hue of the light.