𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧

~ Lovely ~ Billie Eilish ft Khalid

*

A WEEK LATER

The hooves our horses bound into land of Wall Maria, parting ways into separate squads allowing ourselves to get better coverage to where the titans whereabouts. Hands tightening around my reigns, my eyes glance over to see the rookies that only were taken from Trost district to be forced against their will. I hung my head in shame, whilst guiding my small squad away  signalling to move south.

"Lena......keep out a keen eye," I sternly say, knowing that this is bigger than any normal mission we've bypassed.

"Right,"

"Renji, please focus......okay?" I turn to see him spacing out, looking rather ragged and exhausted. "Renji?"

He shook his head, knocking himself from his trance.

"Huh? Yeah, yeah......"

I know it's been months since we lost our mother and sister, but now I have him which is all I have left. The painful and hard thing was trying to maintain our relationship, checking in on him and making sure he's eating properly. However he hasn't spoken to me about how's he's feeling, hoping that once we're done with this mission, I will confront him.

"Titan ahead, three metre!"

Being alerted, another titan bounds it's way out from the giant forest nearby. "Lena, fire the red flare!"

Her stern brown eyes blink, while nodding rummaging through her pocket before sending off a piercing crack. The smoke fills the air, but something felt off. This uncertainty and nerve wracking feeling was sending me on edge, trying to compose myself easing into our main job.

*

{30 Min ago:.......}

"You want me to what?" I questioned, hands rested upon my hips. "Commander Erwin.........with all due respect, shouldn't we please leave the inexperienced out of this? This isn't right!"

He slams his hands against the desk, his eyes glaring dangerously my way.

"When I say we comply, we continue to run along with the plan!" He snapped, agitated as he was I knew I couldn't convince him any further. I knew that the royal government was behind this issue, but being the only one speaking up.....and a woman, they wouldn't allow my words to change their minds.

My body slightly flinched, while Levi stood beside me noticing my tiny reaction.

"What about me, am I going on with this mission?" Levi questioned, voice flat and nonchalant.

The Commander's steel blue eyes angle Levi's way, before resting back in his chair with a heavy sigh.

"Yes, you will be joining with this mission as your last day with Akira,"

My eyes slowly widened, "What do you mean, last day?"

Did something happen? Did Levi do something to make him leave my squad? Whatever it is, he better have a good reason as to why he's not gonna join me anymore.

"Levi will be forming his own squad, your squad is a lost cause now," Erwin replied, making my hands ball into tight fists. Resisting the urge to snap, I inhaled deeply calming down. "Your team has been down to two men already, you've lost a lot already......beside we're not receiving more men lately, so if your comrades die on this fated mission.......you will not lead a squad again."

"Bu---"

Levi shook his head, "Hold on, let me get this straight..." interjecting himself, into the conversation. "You want me to lead my own squad.....and you sit here allowing this to happen while she loses her own squad......what about her position?"

𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒 | 𝐋.𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara