𝟑𝟓 | 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

*

Keeping within the squad and staying in formation, the horses thunder all together in one direction following through. With the discussion with Erwin a few weeks back, my chest felt tighter. I wondered if his predictions were correct, even though sometimes his assumptions failed inadequately. He even gave only a few soldiers the trust, to run over his real intentions of the plan.

Yet, my gut churns sickenly to my own assumptions, whilst on an expedition.

Hanji was made to make the springtrap over the months time, wondering how large our catch will be. In the long run, it might be one of the titan shifters we've held a hunch towards. When Erwin pieced a few things together since the fall of Shiganshina, all I could say was that I agreed. 

I believed he was onto something, but we're dealing skilled shifters. But I've killed many titans for years, and not one has surpassed my capabilities. I just wanted this to end, to allow our lands to prosper and grow into a peaceful country. It hardly made everyone's lives easier, with only fear to awaken us.

Something was shot in the sky causing my head to lift, catching sight of a green smoke signal.

"It's a green smoke signal!" I inform Levi, hearing him nod with a grunt.

"Oluo, pass it on!" Levi orders firmly.

"With pleasure, sir!" Oluo pulls out his signal flare, and shot out the same green flare into the sky repeating the same.

Wanting to keep quiet to sense any danger, my hands slowly grip the reigns tightly. With my keen hearing, I would sense a titan metres away from here. It was something that I picked up on, which gave me clearance and assurance for my safety.

"Reporting sir!" A soldier approaches us. "An oral message! It appears the right-wing spotters have been wiped out!"

Remaining calm and composed, I grew frustrated knowing something like this would happen.

"...The early warning network is compromised!" The soldier continues. "One of you will need to relay the message down the line!"

Levi turns to petra behind me, "You heard the man, Petra....go on!" he orders, gladly she complies without hesitation from his instruction. Guiding her horse to the opposite side, she soon heads to the next squad to relay the message. Soon the other soldier guides himself back to his squad he departed from, whilst trying to focus.

I guess it has begun, just what Erwin has predicted from the beginning. Dammit, what is all this loss? For nothing? He better make this hunch a reality, because we're gambling on this one too.

Suddenly three black flares were shot in the sky, the gunfire echoes down the valley.

"Eren, fire the signal!" Levi orders, noticing the threat was assumed an abnormal ignoring us completely.

"Y-Yes sir!" hearing fear and concern within the boys voice, knowing full well something is wrong out there.

Levi clicks his tongue, with a hard glare.

"This is a disgrace," he mutters dryly. "Lotta good the formation does if the bastards can bore into that deeply."

Narrowing my eyes, "What's more, we already know we're in deep shit if we slip up," lifting my head in the direction where the threat lies. "An entire wing, already wiped out? This isn't ordinary, but abnormal........however....."

"You damn got that right, so what I want from you is to live,"

My eyes slowly widen feeling my heart pound, confidence and assurance sinking into my heart and mind. His words were firm and stoic, yet filled with emotion only I can interpret.