𝟓𝟏 | 𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐤 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥

*

Flying past the trees at a rapid speed, titans below us were chasing us. My wrists were bound so tightly, the recent raw rope burn was throbbing. The skin was becoming more easier to break, but right now they were panicking. At least I bought the Scouts time to reach the forest, placing my faith in my Regiment. Feeling already pathetic in my current situation, Eren was knocked out and tied on Reiner's back.

While I was slung over Reiner's shoulder, as he didn't want to leave his eyes from me.

"For now, we find a place without titans!" Reiner instructs, while my head was facing behind Reiner. "As far away as possible! I haven't recovered enough to outrun these guys! They surround us, there's jack shit my titan form can do right now!"

"Then why the hell didn't we just wait for the sun to go down?!" Ymir questions, as she didn't know about the smoke signals. Seeing her glance back, her eyes widen with a short gasp. "Smoke signals? Did the Scouts come to save us?"

"Dammit! That formation wouldn't work unless they hoisted a bunch of horses over the wall!" Reiner assumes, with frustration. "Who gave that order?! I honestly thought we had more time than this! It's gotta be Commander Erwin! Hard as nails, that one!"

"Don't underestimate the Scouts," I remark, while seeing the hopeful green smoke signals. Smirking, "Seriously, we're far more reliable when one of our own is in trouble."

Not meaning myself, but the two kids that were taken.

Another gunshot echoes down the valley, closer than before, as the sun began setting behind the mountains beyond. The clouds were clustered together, but with a hazy orange glow dusting the sky.

"Damn, they're already that close?!" Reiner questions with disbelief. "It's Eren's fault for losing his cool, and you as well!"

He slams an elbow into my unwounded rib, inhaling sharply with the contact, while squeezing my eyes tightly to ease the pain. Seriously, being this vulnerable wasn't entirely making me look cool. I know that.

"Wait.....is she......?" Ymir whispers in shock, as I flutter my eyes open again. "...Christa's here. Reiner!!!! We have to go back, now! Christa's with them!"

"What?!"

"This is our best chance!" Ymir claims. 

"You're full of it! No way you can see that far!!" he scoffs in disbelief, despite how far we were.

"Ymir, no we can'--" I plead, but she cuts me off by ignoring me.

She grits her teeth, "Look, I just know! Think about it, okay?" She pleads desperately. "She's a big softie, right?! Stupid girl's come to rescue me! She had too!"

Reiner grunts with annoyance.

"Yeah, well so what?" Reiner brushes off her assumption, while hauling my ass up again to adjust my balance on his broad shoulder. "I'm sorry! It'll have to wait! We have this bitch to deal with, or half our mission will be compromised!"

"What?!"

"We just can't grab her the way things are now!" he yells back. "There's no way to bust up that formation! Another time!"

Ymir's eyes were filled with many emotions, confliction wavering behind them.

"How long you want me to wait?" She angrily questions. "Maybe I should just hold off on that until I've been gobbled up by one of your warrior pals? Oh no! I don't think so!"

"Don't be that way!" Reiner snaps back. "Nobody's trying to trick you, I swear it!"

"Prove it then!" She fires back, her voice was straining with desperation to get Christa back. No. Historia. "There's no time like the present, asshole! Damn you! Get down there and bring her with us! I need to see her!.....You don't understand......the way things are going, I never will!"