𝟑𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭

(Levi's pov:)

Holding both our teas I make my way down the hallway, back to my office while hearing the soft chattering downstairs. I placed my trust in my squad with Eren for the time being, wanting to watch over Akira. She's always been getting Eren out of trouble, or going out of her way to help with anything he struggled with. Seriously she puts others before herself, especially with the event that just occurred.

She could've been severely injured, or she would've died if it was a full transformation

With my thoughts sinking further in I shook my head, approaching my office door. Thankfully leaving a small crack, I place my foot through the door, swinging it open gently. Once I was in I lean my back against the door, closing it before making my way over to her. 

"Here is your--"  stop mid sentence, seeing her resting upon the desk. 

Making my way over more quietly I get a better angle before my eyes widen, taken back by the sight before me. Laying our tea upon the desk discreetly, I walk around to her side, kneeling down to her level. Her raven hair messily sprawls across the desk, strands covers her left eye like curtains. Covering her scar that trails down from her temple, to beneath her cheek. Her soft breath fans against my face, seeing a little bit of drool rolling at the corner of her pale pink lips. Her rosy cheeks lifts her soft heart shaped face, as the candlelight contrasts beautiful across her olive skin. 

My eyes lull halfway with a soft smile,"Seriously, you're such a dumbass," I murmur softly, reaching my index finger over brushing her hair away from her eyes. "Stubborn too..."

A soft smile drifts to my lips, seeing how vulnerable before me. To be honest, I'm falling more for this woman. I'm really new to all this, but she's such a patient woman. She actually has put up with my bullshit, and sometimes I would give her the cold shoulder.

Yet, she remains with a smile.

She groans softly seeing her gentle face contort  slightly in pain, before relaxing into a soft peaceful expression. Glancing at her paperwork sprawled across this side of the desk, I sigh deeply wondering if we should leave it for tomorrow? Standing up I gaze upon the woman before me, not knowing how lucky I was. Making my way back to my seat I quickly finish off a few more papers, drinking my tea slowly and quietly.

~Knock~Knock~

Lifting my head with questioning hum, my eyes glance down to see Akira softly snoring. Getting up more quietly I make my way over to the door, not wanting to wake her up after finally getting her to sleep. Twisting the knob slowly I open it only to reveal the brat, seeing him look rather nervous.

"What is it? It's late," I question bluntly, pushing myself out the door and closed it behind me. 

He gestures to his right, "Well I went to properly apologise to Corporal Akira, but....." he tries carefully to word his explanation. "....she wasn't in her office, so...."

My held in anger finally starts to show, narrowing my eyes upon the kid.

"Listen Eren, you can't take Akira's kindness for granted," I sharply spoke up, causing his eyes to widen. My voice was still quiet, but more bitter. "Yes, she forgave you so easily. Despite the circumstances that it wasn't intentional, I'm okay with that. We're slowly getting somewhere, but....."

"Captain I--"

".....you need to realise that she can't always protect you," cutting him off, I fold my arms resting my back against the cold brick wall. Even though I know she's the type to take it in, than standing up sometimes, I still wanted to keep her out of harm's way. "....she's done alot for you, so understand that you can't always look to her for help if you're in trouble. Got that?"