𝟕𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧

*

SHIGANSHINA DISTRICT - (Ronin's POV)

The warm sun setted behind the mountains, as the sky grew overcast.

Though things have calmed down since the two shifters fought it out, the teen finally came to his senses. I understood his frustration, but right now we don't have anything to cover up our mistakes, but to move on. 

Sitting around a small fire, the embers crackle quietly with silence. 

Reiner brought the mug to his lips and drank his warm drink, while his eyes stared disappointingly into the flickering flames. Bertholdt keeps glancing up to make sure his comrade was alright, but knowing the kid, he had nothing much to say as Reiner expressed most of it already.

"Like I said, Annie should be fine," Zeke assures him, though there was no telling if it was true or not. "Trust me, she's not being tortured.....so calm down and consider how unlikely that sounds. If they so much as scratch her, she'll turn into a monster that can take on an army all by itself......."

He scratches his ear, while his eyes tiredly meet Reiner's

"......don't forget, this is Annie we're talking about here," He adds. "I bet she's hiding somewhere, practicing her kicks and whatnot. She's fine."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I chug down my hot beverage before exhaling deeply.

"Seriously, think ahead before jumping in recklessly," I scoff, swirling my drink to stir the contents up. "Even if I knew she was okay or not, I would still tell you kids to wait patiently."

Reiner's jaw clenches lifting his head, "Still, there's doubt that her identity was revealed," he assumes.

"Annie's smart, but...." Bertholdt trails off, with a worried expression.

"It doesn't sound like you're fully committed," Zeke admits, coldly. "The hells your problem? I thought that all four of us came to an agreement, did I got to all that trouble for nothing? We can fight again, if you want too...that said, the next time you lose to me....."

His eyes darken, his tone shifts more callously. 

"....I'll make sure you give up your armoured to another warrior," He threatens, causing the young teen to choke on his drink. His eyes widen, taken back by the sudden threat that he seems to fear.

"What? No....." Reiner lowers his head, sheepishly. "....I'll do as you tell me to."

"Then pull yourselves together," Zeke demands, sternly. "We have one objective, recover the coordinate....do that, and we can bring this cursed history to an end...and you.....Ronin......you might have one more chance in fulfilling your mission."

A sigh draws from Zeke, while holding hot beverage tightly.

"It's gone on too long," Zeke sighs, as I nod with agreement. "We can be the ones to end this, so let's do it...."

Bertholdt lifts his head, "Understood sir!" he complies, finally taking the initiative that we must cross off what's personally important.  "Till this is done, I'll keep Annie out of my head.....this is a living hell, but we shouldn't put anyone else through it........you're right.....this needs to end."

Confidence slowly brews between the teens, as Reiner faces his comrade.

"Then it's settled then,"

Silence soon drifts between the four of us, as I lift my mug to my lips lazily. Eyes lidded, I gaze into the flickering flames. Though I kept dwelling the past, I can't could back down after everything I've put my effort towards. Her blood will be spilt, by my own hands, and my own hands alone.