𝟒 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

~ Whatever it Takes ~ Imagine Dragons

************

Sitting awkwardly in the building the man pulled me into, the lingering stinging sensation burns across my cheek. My fingers tap nervously against my thigh waiting for the raven haired man to come back with the med supplies, while my eyes try to avoid another pair of unfamiliar grey eyes glaring upon me.

"Oi........why did you bring this stranger in?!" he calls out, assuming to his leader.

"Tch, she was injured and trying escape a band of criminals," he replies, walking in with some med supplies in hand. "Besides......she was defenceless....and can't defend herself."

My eyes narrow for a moment, staring at my lap.

The couch dips beside me before feeling him pull me sharply towards him, making me slightly gasp from the sudden skin contact yet again. Swallowing thickly I shuffle a little to adjust the angle, so he was able to treat it.

My breath grew heavy being unfamiliar around someone completely a stranger, and yet.......he is helping me dress my wound.

"Sit still brat," he mutters, while he looks slightly down into my eyes for a moment.

My breath soon shudders discreetly in my throat, feeling him rather close to me. I'm never use to letting a male this close to me, except for that bastard. But this man had a more gentle touch, something I've never experienced in a long time.

"Who are you?" he questions, while cleaning the bloodied wound.

"Um......."

He pauses hiking one eyebrow, "Huh? Your name is 'um'?"

Blinking a few times realising I wasn't supposed to reveal my name, I swallow thickly knowing my name has reached every crevice of the walls and districts.

Glancing away my fingers nimble slightly, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"L-Leah......Leah Wolff,"

His steel eyes remain searching my face, while I still remain my attention away from his gaze. Trying to remain calm and composed, this was my first ever mission in disguising and changing my identity.

"Leah.....huh?"

"Big bro!!!!!" A feminine and cheery voice enters the room, causing my body to slightly flinch in response.

"Godammit," the man hisses, cursing under his breath he turns making me also follow, only to see a girl a little younger than me. Shaggy auburn hair with forestry green eyes, along with a pinkish-redish button shirt.

"What is it? I'm busy," He asks her with a heavy sigh, dropping his hands facing her.

Her eyes widen when she locks eyes with me, her eyes narrow.

"What is this woman doing here?" She questions. "I haven't seen her around in the underground before....Big bro?"

He nods.

"I know......right now she's injured, so let me treat her damn wound!" he snaps, getting slight agitated for a moment.

I feel so awkward, and confused on what's going on.....is this everyone?

Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, the girl strides over to me and leans closer. Her large eyes stare into my own like she was trying to interrogate me by staring, but it didn't really do anything but make it look weird. Her hands resting on her hips, she clicks her tongue.

"Hmmm......what's your name, huh?"

My eyes slightly taken back with how close her face was to mine, I slowly move back in response.