𝟓 | 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

~ Let It Burn ~ Citizen Soldier

*

NEXT DAY - UNDERGROUND CELL

**********

The crackling sounds of the torch flickers in the dark cell room, my back pressed up against the cold stone wall behind me. My arms folded while my eyes remain staring at the floor, waiting for further instructions til we can have them change into proper uniform.

His steel eyes were piercing into my own soul, feeling the intimidating gaze linger upon me since I got here just a few minutes ago.

"So........you gonna say something?" breaking the silence, my eyes drift up facing him. "You've been staring at me for a few minutes......I can tell you have a lot to say..."

He clenches his jaw, but calmly remains composed.

"Tch, everything about you was a lie since I saved your dumbass," He comments bitterly, as he leans against the wall. Both his friends were sitting down on the cell bed, the sound of chains clanging together. "Why did I even bother.....?"

"Yeah, you lied to big bro!" the girl agreed, but her voice more childish and accusing.

Closing my eyes I inhale slowly, parting my lips.

"My main goal was to gather intel, and with those thugs down below chasing me....." I began, my eyes narrow. "......that was bound to happen either way, it was your choice to save me or not."

"But it was your fault for warning them about us!" The man tucked away with the girl, eyes was showing anger. "I knew it! You were trouble, what is your real name?!"

"........."

"Answer us, bitch!" He shouts angrily, charging towards the bars with anger and confliction flickering within his light grey eyes. "You're just a high and mighty person, who can do whatever she wants.....you get it good, right? You get spoon fed with everything from the beginning! Come on, admit it!"

"........."

"Answer him!" the girls yells, her anger matching her comrades.

Parting my lips slightly, hesitation sets in.

Levi's eyes soon drift to his comrades shaking his head, "Enough! There's no need for that," he ceases them, before turning his eyes upon me.

"Anyway, with your comments from before," I trail off, my voice grew firm. "Some get it good, and some don't.......don't assume we all get it good, because even up here is hell too....don't forget that."

"Yamasaki!"

Turning I see Miche standing just half way down the stairs.

"What is it?"

His eyes sternly look into mine, making me realise that I should be heading to the meeting with Commander Shadis and Erwin. Nodding I leave the room without saying another word, hating that I can't fully explain myself without them thinking I'm a liar.

***

Flagon's fist meets the desk in an outrage from the sudden news that Erwin has announced, eyes narrowing towards the Commander.

"To be honest, it's humiliating!" he admits sternly. "We've been properly trained, and you want us to take in some criminals?! Being treated the same as underground thugs, is going to affect our troops' morale!"

Finn nods in agreement.

"I agree with Flagon," Finn concurs, sitting beside his comrade. "Furthermore, we're even taking them along the next expedition beyond the walls?"