𝟔𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐡

*

Tailing behind the wagon while having the chance, the air rushes past while we sink further into the district. Knowing full well both Eren and Historia were tucked away in a separate wagon, my concerns grew higher. Jumping rooftop to rooftop, I grip my controllers tightly the further I dwelled on our plan. Both Armin and Jean were disguised, so if something slips up before we reach them, well it's not gonna fulfill our main objective.

Raising my arm quietly to come to a halt, my eyes watch the wagon nearby an old abandoned warehouse.

It was would be obvious if we didn't follow after them, which would lead them to become suspicious of our actions. Keeping my sights upon my two young soldiers, I felt terrible to allow them to be taken hostage instead. Once the door shuts with a heavy slam, that's when we all headed to the rooftop of the warehouse.

Landing lightly on the roof, my hands steadily keep myself up right while crouched down.

Signalling with a few quiet hand signs, everyone else heads to different positions all around the place and nearby the windows. After a while of waiting patiently, Mikasa appears beside me stealthily.

"How's everything going inside?" Levi asks her, while their eyes remain in opposite directions.

"They're going to see through Armin's disguised if we don't hurry," She replies. "I feel bad for him."

My gut churns the way she word her response, "Disgusting," I utter out.

"I see," Levi replies, with disgust dripping from his voice.

"How's your leg? Any better?" She asks, causing me to be surprised by her concerned question. She didn't seem rather placid with him, but then again recalling when he injured his leg was all pointed at her own fault.

He rubs his injured knee in thought, "It's moving pretty well....." he replies honestly. "...now then. Did you notice? These kidnappers are obviously rank amateurs. WHy wouldn't they use a bunch of professionals for a job like this?"

I stood up steadily while my eyes meet Levi's, while he does the same.

"Whether or not they're amateurs, they might have information regarding who we're really dealing with," I suggest, knowing it was another step. Though, in Armin's position I wouldn't consider it lucky playing the part as a woman.  "However, I feel there's something more to this than what we're seeing right now. I just........"

Trailing off, my head begins to be overwhelmed with many possibilities.

"Akira, we best be going now," Levi breaks me out of my thoughts, turning to Mikasa. "You can handle the rest on your own. We're going to make our way to Eren, just come and meet up with me when you're done taking out the trash here."

"Yessir,"

Turning to Mikasa she met my firm gaze, "Be careful, will you?"

She gives me a quiet nod, before I follow alongside Levi seeing that the kids weren't the main targets of the government. However, there was something Levi has been very quiet about. I didn't know what, but there was something he was not telling me.

"Also......there's one more thing you should know, just in case," Levi pauses in his steps. "Tell Armin and the others, too.......From now on, we'll be fighting humans too, and not just titans."

There was a silent gap between us, as she quietly repeats with a "Yessir and a yes ma'am,"

With that we both fly off the rooftop and towards where the wagon was heading, to gather with Nifa and the rest of Hanji's group. Slipping over my cloak, I cover my face to mask my identity for the time being. Levi and I didn't have time for a chit chat, til we've reached our main target to watch over.