𝟒𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 & 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

*

The soft creaking of the wagon, comforted the silent night.

Hanji was in deep thought, troubled by the sudden breach while the trio remained quiet. The night was rather cold, making Eren wrap the blanket more closely to himself. There was tension for a moment, while Armin questioningly glances at the priest out of curiosity.

Hanji's eyes narrow, "To think that Rose would suddenly be breached......." Armin spoke up, quietly but yet firmly. "What options.....do we even have left to us?....."

Everyone remains quiet.

"......Even if we go with Eren to the damaged spot...I can't imagine it going well...and......" Armin lifts his eyes, to meet the Priest who remained slightly distressed but composed. ".....why are we taking a wallist Priest with us?"

A smile spreads across the Section Commander, before throwing an arm around Pastor Nick, "We as I said before, we're buddies!" Hanji exclaims, before their smile slightly falters. "However....he knew there were titans inside the walls. But he kept it a secret until now........"

Levi on the other side remains quiet, listening in but also worrying for his lover's safety. He hated to admit out loud, but all he could do was sit and be passively calm.

".......I don't know why, but....." Hanji continues. "...it seems he's serious about dying before he'll spill anymore. Still........the church knows some sort of secret about the walls."

Eren's breath shudders for a moments, as his eyes shot wide open.

"Wait! Wait, back up.....!!!!" 

The young shifter's eyes were wide, as if the situation could get any worse.

"....You're joking, right?!" Eren questions, while Armin and Mikasa sat there stunned about more of the truth, that was brought new to them. "This guy knew? He knew, and he kept quiet?!"

Hanji held nods with a calm expression, "Uh huh, afraid so," they admit, tilting their head to the Priest. Nick the Priest sat there, in dead silence afraid to blabber more nonsense. "Sums up where we are with him......"

Eren gasps quietly, while everyone was silent processing the news.

"....cats out of the bag now, of course," Hanji continues. "He's not willing to talk, yet, but we we'll see how he feels after a harsh dose of reality. Faith keeps him quiet, first hand experience though?"

Eren clicks his teeth infuriated, "Tch, to hell with that!" Eren stood up, slamming his hands harshly against the crates in front. "No, we're doing this backwards! If this son of a bitch knows something, he needs to come out with it! Humanity is on the brink of extinction, and all you care about is keeping your oath?!--"

Eren sways weakly still not fully recovered, grasping his head painfully from the rush of anger.

Mikasa rushes to help him, "Hey, take it easy," She says, guiding him back to sit back down. "You're still not fully recovered."

Levi cocks his small pistol beneath his coat, aiming at the Priest beside him calmly.

"There's more than one way to get the truth," Levi spoke up. "Granted, I may not be in top form at the moment, but it doesn't take much strength to squeeze the trigger. That said, I'm genuinely hoping I won't have to blow a hole in you, to settle this.......how 'bout you?"

The Priest subtly swallows, trying to remain calm.

"Threatening him doesn't work, Levi, trust me on that......." Hanji ensures him, speaking from when they threatened the Priest to drop him from the top of the wall. It was a moment full of tension, so a bullet won't compromise the main issue.