𝟒𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 & 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐥

*

The clouds have gathered rather closely, with clouds darkly grey and thicker together with a chilly breeze. 

However it wasn't the issue, but the information Hanji has shared since we started making our way here to Wall Rose. Gathering from what I've been given, the culprits they assumed were the spies peaked my interest. Hanji and I have been discussing quietly about this for a while, but it did strike me odd about their hometown.

Finding out both Reiner and Bertholdt, being the possible culprits of both breaches, I didn't want to believe. No one did, but this was life or death. Yet, my question is why they are here? What brings them to settle near the deadliest Regiment, of all the walls of our nation?

Another issue was that Historia Reiss was also important, to the mystery behind the walls. 

Much was to be learned once we've returned back to Trost, and to plan our attack on the two culprits. I've had my eye on Reiner, but Bertholdt? Those two hardly spent time with Annie, so how on earth....? So much was happening, so much information that needed to be stored in my mind.

Refusing to be checked for any wounds, my body was alright. I assume.

Exhaustion was creeping slowly, but I still needed to remain cautious knowing we have two possible titan shifters. The Colossal and Armoured, if that is really is the dreadful truth. Going over lists, wondering who was missing and was originally from Miche's squad.

However Miche was assumed missing in action, but that feeling wasn't shaking off.

Reaching the top we brought up Ymir's body slowly, and carefully while I helped the children climb up with some help. Even though my muscles and limbs were aching, and I was in a weakened state, I kept pushing myself. I couldn't waver, not while we're still not somewhere safe in a district. 

"Please, you've got to believe me!" Historia pleads, while I stood beside Hanji. "I'm telling the truth! Ymir could've run away any time she wanted! She chose to fight the titans to save our lives! She had nothing to gain, putting herself on the line like that....doesn't that speak volumes about where he loyalties are? Corporal, you witness it all, say something!"

Hanji turns to me, knowing Ymir's motives were straightforward.

"She's right, but she didn't tell us that she's one of them," I say softly, my throat was rough and hoarse. "However, I do want to thank you properly for keeping you all safe, when I couldn't bu--"

"I know she had no right to keep her power a secret," Historia cuts me off. "It's hard to look past how much humankind might've gained, from knowing what she's been keeping to herself, but...I think......I think she was just worried about what people might do to her........Clearly her priorities have changed now. This isn't nearly as complicated as it looks. No one is close to Ymir than me......and there's no question in my mind whose side she's on!"

Hanji was rather silent before angling her eyes, "Is that so? Well, under the circumstances it certainly behooves us to be friendly......"

Shifting our eyes upon Ymir's body being carried on a roughly made stretcher, by three of our Scouts before being placed down carefully.

".....her priorities aside, I'll wager what she can teach us about the enemy is beyond measure" Hanji says. "Probably. Even so. You say this isn't as complicated as it looks, but from where Akira and I are standing, the world gets more complicated by the hour."

Walking on over I bite back my painful groans, not even sure what I've injured.

"Oh, uh--Historia Reiss you said your name was?" Hanji spoke up, making me angle my eyes down upon my cadet.