𝟑𝟗 | 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

*

HEADQUARTERS INFIRMARY - A FEW HOURS LATER

"Sorry, it must've been quite a shock," Hanji hisses quietly, while my top half was revealed but with my bra on still.

Her hands drift around the swollen area, as it's gotten more blemished with a dark purple and blue swelling. Inhaling was the hardest thing to do, especially when shallow panting made my heart quicken as well.

"I'm alright, she didn't crush me all the way," assuring her, before remembering Eren came in without warning. "To be honest, Eren practically saved me......but still, his actions were against our conditions."

They hum with agreement, rummaging through the box beside her.

"Well, I'm just glad we didn't lose you today....." Hanji trails off, making me tilt my head with confusion. "....I mean, we've lost so much today.......all because our mission became a failure. With the meeting at the Capital, I'm more concerned with what they will do to Eren. He's just a kid, I know......but seriously......Erwin would be pressed with heavy consequences or worse....charges."

We were at a tight situation currently, but the pain was unbearable for me to worry about the meeting.

"You're rambling again Hanji," I softly prompted, causing them to sigh heavily. "Anyway, I'm alright.......I just......."

My mind wouldn't allow me to think any further, but numbing my body.

Hanji seemed notice before humming softly, as she holds a small container of cooling cream. It was a rare medicine, but it worked as a substitute of something cold. Gently massaging it against my rib, a light hiss leaves my lips squeezing my eyes for a moment.

"Sorry," they murmur gently.

Hanji lifts her head, "Alright, now with this, I can't gauze it because it will apply more pressure," they inform me, as I nod with slight discomfort. She searches my nervous eyes, before placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. "It's rather late, so why don't you go rest up? I need to check in with Captain Levi, okay?"

Nodding slowly, with a shaky exhale my hands fumble around the hem of my shirt.

Finally gathering it together I pull it over me carefully, before it drifts over adjusting it around my curves. Hearing the door click shut, my hand shakingly grasps my chest. My breath was hard to gather, being rather painful to endure. However I'm a soldier, and I must not give into my own suffering.

*

"Akira,"

Turning around there stood Nanaba and Miche, seeing a melancholy expression both their faces. The two walk up to me, before Nanaba gives me a hesitant expression. Soon she embraces me carefully, assuming she heard what happened to me. Well, with our quick meeting with Erwin, it drained me just listening to what our current situation is.

Hating the fact we have to bring everything back up, when it should be kept quiet.

"I'm sorry, it must be hard for you," She whispers, with remorse. My hands were hesitant to return the hug, finding it hard to do much since I'm still in shock. Soon she pulls away while rubbing the sides of my arms, with deep sadness in her icy blue eyes.

"It's.....fine," my throat already straining, while gripping my shirt above my wound.

Miche soon places a hand on my shoulder, making me glance up to see his stoic eyes soften in response.