𝟐𝟎 | 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞

*

BACK AT THE CABIN

The snowstorm slowly bypassed us allowing me and Christa to move on easily, finally getting down back to the foot of the mountain. When arriving back Ymir was already waiting for her, seeing how worried she was really was. 

Walking into the cabin I exhale deeply, feeling the warmth coaxing the room. Pulling down the mask around nose and cheeks, the warmth soon starts to melt the bitter cold that rests across my cheeks.

"Corporal!!!" Susanne exclaims, rushing towards me with relief in her eyes. "Did you find Christa?"

With a soft smile I nod, "Yes, she's out there with Ymir,"

She breathes with somewhat relief while I head over to where the equipment was laid, as I unwrap the rope around my waist and shoulder, hanging it up on the hook. Placing the ice axe down, I turn around heading to the fire that crackles at the end of the Cabin. 

"How about Daz, is he doing okay?" I question, while slipping my hood off, flicking my hair.

She hums softly, "He's all wrapped up in blankets and hot cocoa, why don't you have some yourself?" She suggests, before resting her forehand against my forehand. "No fever, that's good......but still, we need to get those kids warmed up. It's too long for a small body, to endure such harsh conditions."

Lifting my head up I saw everyone happy and not an ounce of worry, wavering within the room. Closing my eyes while inhaling slowly, I turn to my room, "Get everyone warmed up, seen we've completed training here....we might as well best be heading off,"

"R-Right,"

She heads off to everyone while I collapse to the seat behind me, while I allow my body to settle down. My muscles were aching painfully, and my head was pounding against my skull. Massaging my temples slowly, a small groan leaves my lips.

Small labored breaths leave my lungs, as I try to collect myself. My chest was burning, feeling like I was suffocating. Leaning forward I hung my head, trying my best to keep myself warm and relaxed. Clenching my hand into a fist, I clutch my coat against my chest tightly. Small pants continue, feeling a smile rest across my lips.

I couldn't allow anyone to notice my weaknesses, especially when teaching them survival. Hated the feeling of being weak, being the damsel in distress.

But......

Going out there alone without a real plan, made me realise how reckless I can be when lives are on the line.....how stupid I am....

Yet, I have no regrets......

*

YEAR 849 - A YEAR LATER - TRAINING GROUNDS

Sweat aligns my forehead while facing one of my cadets, as I have dueled with ten of them. All have failed or some almost surpassed me, but due to the humidity it was getting hotter by the second. Small pants leaves the young soldier's lips, looking about to pass out any minute. Without warning he yells out charging in, like he had nothing to lose. Leaving himself entirely open, I grab his wrist and twisted his arm, kicking his knees out feeling them slam into the dirt hard.

"Gahh!" he cries out, before feeling his body grow limp in defeat. "Dammit."

My eyes flicker around seeing all the cadets looking hot, and I knew it was time to give them a break. Releasing the boy, I clear my throat earning everyone's attention. Placing one hand on my hip, the other swipes the sweat and grime that was collected during the two hours of training.