𝟔𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡

*

After a while heading in the direction where we've been given the location, the cool night air brushes against my face gently. Though I hated to sit and wait til we reach the Church, we had to stay patient and composed. Hearing the fresh news still registering in my mind, I still felt uneasy and troubled by it all. Especially with two other clans, beside my own.

The Ackermans and the Eastern.......

Yet, with Levi might have this same kind of blood running through his veins, that might connect him to both Mikasa and Kenny, there's no telling in the true history yet. Everything must be a blur, generations filled with covered lies. Especially if the bloodline continues, I wondered how it will look like in the future.

Stepping off the wagon finding ourselves set beside the church, I felt knees almost wobble from a few hours of sitting for too long.

The church itself looked abandoned of course, because no one hardly uses the damn place. Old vines trailed along the cobbled stone, that firmly and strongly plastered across. I knew there was some secret, far beyond what we can assume that's going on. Preparing ourselves physically and mentally, I took deep breaths in to calm my nerves.

After a while scouting around the entire surroundings of the Church, in and out, Hanji managed to find something. A hidden door, with a rug hastily placed barely covering up the evidence.

"A secret passage," I utter out, wondering if the enemy could be down there already.

"Found it, a hidden door," Hanji breathes out, lowering the candlelit torch to the cement floor. "Reiss and Eren should be inside......" as Levi kneels down beside me, and Hanji. "..Hopefully the layout's close to what I predicted."

"These presents better pay off," Levi says. "Considering the time we spent prepping them."

Glancing back to Armin adjusting the barrels I nod, "It will, it has too," I sternly assure him, and Hanji. He meets my eyes, searching for my honest answer, but all i could do was place my faith in our short plan of attack. Although time was wasting away, we needed to make sure we come out with Eren and Historia alive.

"kay, we should be ready to go now," Armin gives us a nod.

"All right then," Levi's eyes draw from mine, to the rest of our squad. "Is everyone here ready? 'Cause you're all about to dirty your hands."

Being met with silence in response, I could see that their determination in their eyes said enough volume. They were mentally prepared, but I knew they didn't like what this has become of us. It was new to them, but it's gone for too long to worry about it now.

Levi's eyes narrow, "Guess that's a yes,"

A heavy heart beats rapidly in my chest, forming into an electric jolt causing me to quietly grimace. Guess I should've known. He's here too, but this time it seems more painful than before. It was as if a warning again, but my jaw grew stiff trying to not let it get to my head.

"Akira....."

Lifting my gaze I met with his own, "Hmm?"

His hands steadily took my hand and gave it a small squeeze, "Please......stay safe," though his words were short and simple, they meant more. His eyes match my own, before softening.

This man makes me feel something, that I feel wanted. Needed.

Finally we all turn to the secret tunnel beneath us, before climbing down one by one along with the barrel we've managed to whip up. Carefully lowering the barrel trap, we all soon begin to head down the dark, crammed tunnel. The air grew colder every step we took, as we walk lower down beneath the ground. Finally reaching the end, there stood two doors.