𝟔 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

{A/N: I know Hanji's pronouns are They/Them, but in this I will address them as She/They/Them. Please don't come at me, I just find it hard to write with Hanji's pronouns just to make it easier. I fully respect her pronouns, so if it offends you.....I'm very sorry.....}

*

NEXT MORNING - TRAINING GROUNDS

************

Stretching my aching limbs, I walk out from the mess halls after having some warm green tea, letting a tiny yawn leave my lips for a brief moment. Adjusting my eyes to the bright and sunny sky.

My fingers drifts around my loose hair pulling it up, before wrapping a tie around into a high ponytail as usual feeling my bangs frame my face.

Didn't sleep much at all last night, making it harder for me to adjust to everything.

"Morning Captain Akira," one of my squad members greets, seeing Lena walking away from the girls barracks.

"Hmm?"

Turning slightly to my side I see her lightly ruffling her own blonde hair for a moment, her deep brown eyes grew lighter the more she basks in the sunlight.

"So........what do you want us to do?" She asks softly, finally halting before me. "You're watching over the three with Flagon's squad, right?"

Nodding I hum softly.

"Yeah, but you three can come or you can go train," I suggest, knowing that sometimes they need a little freedom with choices for now. Especially when we're preparing for the next expedition, which wasn't far away.

"Oh....okay, so have you seen Renji and Jonas?"

Furrowing my eyebrows I noticed that they weren't in the mess halls, making me loop around searching across the HQ premises.

"Either training or with Flagon's squad already,"

Nodding she heads over to the mess hall to grab a bite to eat, as we both parted ways for the time being. A few soldier's were busy doing their own thing, huddled in their groups and squads while some were just heading to the mess halls.

The sound of chattering in the area brought me to a sense of peace, knowing we still have many soldier's with us. Just trying to be grateful for everything here, and what i've got now.

Soon walking past everyone I head over to the barracks again placing my ODM gear on for the day, adjusting the heavy steel upon my hips.

Clanking the steel a few times, I soon make sure my blades were replenished along with my gas heading out.

***

Finally arriving with reins in hand I reach the training grounds, where there were grand trees were stretching to the sky. The cluster of the forest was where we used our ODM gear, finding it easier to learn how to come up against a titan without another second to waste.

Slowly swinging my legs to one side, I hope down scratching my horses chin softly before tying her up to the post nearby.

"Sure is quite sunny today," I muse softly, my feet slowly walking over towards where the horse training is being held.

My eyes drift up seeing two figures not far from me, slowly coming to a halt.

"Morning Akira!!!!!"

I blink a few times to see them waving towards me, noticing Moblit standing beside his squad leader. Hanji Zoe.

"Hanji.......wasn't expecting you here,"

She smiles brightly, shifting her spectacles slightly, "I know, I wanted to see what these three can really do on the ODM gear!"