𝟖𝟖 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚

(!!Warning!! Sensitive scenes and topic of miscarriage! Angst)

*

Time took it's course........

During the Four months after our wedding, we finally continued working hard in recovering the Scout Regiment and new soldiers were flooding in. It wasn't many but enough, to give us leverage and support for now. Levi and the 104th squad and a few others have been going beyond the walls, taking short mission annihilating any titan that was left standing. Supporting Hanji on the side, I was given reports and paperwork instead.

Having to sit behind the desk, I did it for my child so it will become a healthy delivery in almost less than four months.

Levi has been making sure to be by my side from time to time, but remained doing his duties as Captain and keeping things in order. Aiding Hanji when he can, and assist with any issues that might have to be looked over. It was simple, hectic it was, but it was just simple after the heavy loss we experienced in all our years behind these isolating walls.

"There we will need to improve on the thunder spears," Hanji runs over her experiment, that a few months ago she worked on for the armoured. "Given how they worked with precision and impact on the force, it broke through the thick armour......gosh I'm rambling again...." shifting their glasses, she held the thunder spear in hand. "......at least we worked on these after the unpredictable attack, hence, we must improve our weaponry.....make them furthermore endurable for when we do come towards enemies...."

"Right," blinking a few times, feeling the heaviness of my eyelids drooping. My hand rubs my swollen stomach, cramps not subsiding at all. "Well, I'm just impressed that you thought it out before hand.....without them, I don't know what our second option would've been......despite the circumstances..."

Inhaling sharply, I try to take a few deep breaths while trying to focus.

Hanji notices before I could cover it up, hearing the solid thump on the table where she laid the thunder spear. Her feet shuffle before walking up to me, pressing her forehand against my temple tenderly. Murmuring a, "I'm alright," she didn't buy it, while grabbing her handkerchief in her pocket and wipes away the sweat from my temple.

"You've been like this for a while, it's concerning Akira," Hanji presses further, knowing they have been making sure I was eating normal portions, sleeping comfortably, not overexerting myself and watching over me seen Levi has been on missions lately within the Maria walls."I'm not an expert on pregnancies, but I know something is up........how about we leave everything for today?" suggesting to come back to our conversation work later, but I felt terrible knowing I'm preventing for our work to move forward.

"Hanji, I'm fine really......" reassuring that it's normal, but to be honest I don't know. I'm new to all this, and my body has taken a toll on the pregnancy. ".....I can still listen and give you my opinions, so please?" taking her hands, I squeeze them. "I'll be fine....."

Hanji hesitated for a moment, but soon my cramps only increased.

"Shit," my voice strains for a moment, my body hunching over for a moment trying to ease the pain but it wouldn't subside. Hanji quickly rests a hand against my back, rubbing my arm trying to bring comfort while my breathing grew shallow for a moment. Feeling something warm run between my legs, making me inhale sharply with surprise and shock. "Fu-...."

"Easy Akira......it's gonna be ok--" Hanji pauses, when she realises what had happened. The air grew heavy, feeling my body run cold instantly. "Your bleeding, this isn't good........okay. Stay still, we're gonna get a doctor straig--" she pauses, feeling her eyes on mine. "....Akira...."