𝟒𝟏 | 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

*

The thundering sounds of both titans, battling it out makes the earth tremble. Fires bursting up, heavy smoke following after every wreck they made. Blood tainted the streets of Stohess, and I was guilty no less. This was all on Erwin's assumption, and plan to corner the bitch. Not far from us, the titans began barreling over into buildings before a large clearing near the base of the wall.

Eren's form was far more feral, steam emitting from both their tattered forms. Eren's titan form pinned Annie below him, his roars were more high pitch with a more guttural sound. Shivers ran down my spine, but remained composed outwardly, trusting Erwin with his main goal. 

Eren's titans eyes were glowing, body streaming with scars of light, scattered across his body like he was on fire.

Soon Annie knocks him back, hand pressing around her nape protectively knowing she nowhere else to go. However Eren grabs her face with only one hand, as the other was missing previously before. Nails dug into her flesh, blood soon sprays hearing the squelching of blood from afar.

Judging by Nile's men and himself, they were appalled and also afraid of the sight. They all were always behind walls, not even lifting a finger to aid the Scouts when it came to titans. They were cowards, but I kept my mouth shut. They know it too, but they put up a front saying they're protecting the people instead.

Suddenly the blood curdling cry leaves Annie's titan, making my skin crawl with anticipation.

Eren's hands dug far more deeply in her face, trying to gouge her eyes out at least to blind her. Her arms tried to claw at him, while her cries made it far more obvious she's falling. Yet, I didn't like Eren's titan form, it was like his true emotions are finally surfacing from that day. After speaking to him about it, ensuring that it wasn't his fault to begin with, I knew he still felt guilty.

//

*Two Days ago*

Being tucked away in my room made my body ache, so I pushed myself to go for a walk at least. Saying my goodbyes to Lena, who was sorting through my paperwork, I excused myself. Making my way down the pathway leading from the main office, to the stables I went to check on the horses instead. With the silence being loud within the courtyard, all I felt was this loneliness and blame. 

My hand tenderly touched my swollen rib, I hissed quietly trying to let the pain subside. 

Taking my time and pace, my eyes trail around recalling the moments I spent with Levi's squad. Time where I wish stood still, so we could just embrace the peace we had. The memories, the people, are now just ghosts wandering around. However my eyes soon land on a certain boy, back facing me whilst staring out to the widespread of land.

"Eren?" my voice was a little louder, hoping to reach his ears.

He tensed up for a moment slowly turning around, when his eyes widened. Turning back sharply, he looked more nervous and fidgety. Slowly making my way over, my eyes rest on him for a moment, taking his hunched figure to heart. Easily guessing what was going on, I sat down grimacing whilst doing so. Once I sat down, I exhale quietly before sitting in silence. 

Sidelong glancing his way, I saw his lips part rather hesitantly but not words were drawn from his lips. 

Softly smiling I look away, "It's fine, take your time," I assured him, causing him to quietly gasp.

"I-I......" he stammered out, hearing his voice crack for a moment. 

He clenched his teeth together, while I sat patiently watching beyond the horizon from where we were. Leaning my palms against the bricks beneath, a gentle breeze eases the tension allowing me to take a deep breath in.