𝟔𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

*

"He did it!"

The dust slowly clears around us as my grip was subconsciously tightening on Levi's shirt, while my panting slowly came to a slow steady pace. The earth stopped trembling, and the heat slowly dispels from around us. Pushing myself to my two feet, my vision was hazy while trying to understand what had just happened. It was like a blur for a moment, before recalling what had happened.

A short leaves my lips, "Eren!"

My hair whips over to rush to the nape of his form, realising it was icy blue and hardened to which we've been trying to do for the past few days. At the time, Eren finally managed to do it. Somehow. 

"Akira!" Levi calls out, but I rush out from beneath the titan form and locked my grappling hook to the top. 

Fear struck me hoping Eren was alright, knowing that in hardened form he might not have a way to get out. Mikasa's desperate jabs, and grunts and crying out to Eren, meant the hardening skin was definitely durable and hard to break through.

"Can you hear me, wake up!!!!!!" She cries out, her blades blunted against the crystalised skin.

Landing upon the shoulder firmly, Mikasa attention rose to my sudden presence.

"Watch out!" I warn her, while raising the butt end of my blade in hand. With all my strength I chip the stone forcefully, cracks running along in different directions. The second was a charm, managing to finally break through as his body limply falls into Mikasa's arms.

"Eren!" Jean exclaims, with concern.

A breath of relief past my lips the moment I see Eren's eyes, consciously flickering around with confusion. Soon I usher the two to carefully lower Eren down, hoping he will recover. With a transformation like that, he might be too exhausted to hardly move right now.

Reaching the others down below, I couldn't help feel a shiver run down my spine.

"Connie, Sasha," turning to the two. "Find some way out, any openings, any crevices........find an exit for us!"

They salute, "Yes Ma'am!"

The two began to scout around, while I couldn't help wonder if Hanji, Moblit, Lena and Armin were alright. 

My head snaps behind me as I scan the cave in of the aftermath of Rod Reiss' transformation. I could easily tell by now, as Historia and Eren are with us currently now. Darkness continues to grow further and further down where we originally came from, seeing blood splattered and bodies crushed.

Wonder if he was crushed with them, if so, I might be relieved.....

"Not too shabby, Eren," Levi's voice breaks me out of my thoughts, turning to see the young boy astonished by his work. "Even after we cut you from it, the titan hasn't disappeared......this could be a game changer."

I place a warm hand upon Eren's shoulder, "We knew you could do it, but how did you manage to do this with such little time?"

His eyes were still wide before lowering them hesitantly, "I almost forgot," He spoke up, as if he remembered something important. "Listen, before I transformed, I drank from a bottle that said 'armour'."

"Gotcha," Levi says. "Guess that's all you needed to pull it off, because this time you did it easily. You saved all our lives. You came up with and built everything we see here in the blink of an eye......" as we all glance around the stretches of the crystalised branches that kept the ground from caving in. "....It's not exactly pretty, but I can see it's potential. I bet this is how the walls were made too."