𝟗𝟐 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲

*

ABOUT A YEAR LATER - YEAR 853 

It's such a warm day today.......

Standing in front of the vanity in the bathroom, I held the scissors and began trimming my hair a bit. While doing so I could hear little Luka cooing and babbling nearby my foot, in a small pillow like seat for him to rest on. His azure eyes were bright and filled with curiosity, while his tiny arms waves around. I hum soft to him, while focusing on cutting my hair. 

The weather has grown hotter, and the need for a change was set.

"What are you doing, love?" A deep voice breaks me out of my thoughts, before feeling the scissors being taken from my hands. His hands gather my long hair adjusting the length, before meeting eyes through the reflection of the mirror before us. 

"Well just looking for a change, and the weather is humid," I simply reply, seeing his eyes rest halfway with a tiny smirk. "Cutting it shorter seems to be easier, especially with combat too....."

"Really? Well if you ended up doing it yourself, it would end in a rats tail," he retorts, blatantly while brushing through my fingers with his fingers. He sighs heavily while his attention solely focuses on my hair now, only hearing the small coos and babbles from our son. "....How short are you thinking?"

Lifting my hands I shift them in level with my chin, "Just about here, but a undercut....not too much," 

"Undercut? Are you copying me?" He huskily whispers against my ear, teasingly. The brush of his lips graze my hot ear, feeling my neck and face heat up as well. "It's cute and all--"

Clicking my teeth together, "I'm not, I just.....need a change," Rolling my eyes playfully, lowering my hands to the edge of the basin. The condensation drips down to the bottom of the sink, while my eyes watch him gathering my hair in sections. Knowing what he was doing, I pass him a few hair ties to part each section. Once he gathers the top half I realise how thick my hair was, as I've been getting hot every time summer came by.

"Alright keep your head straight......" he murmurs gently, straightening my head.

His hands carefully began to cut the under part of hair, before grabbing a razor and began to work on giving me an undercut. It was going to be different, time to adjust to new changes. Whether if I disliked it, my hair needed it after the shit I've been through with it. It's like memories every time, growing and growing until the ends split and break off. By time, we forget and some we remember. 

His piercing eyes reflect back realising I was staring, before I lower them allowing to work away.

Suddenly my thoughts break away when I hear little Luka babbling again, earning a small stifle chuckle from Levi. "Yes......give mama a sec...." he resumes focusing on my hair, as wisps of the dead ends of my hair fall. Every minute that passes by, the lighter my head felt and the cooler it grew.

"How're you feeling about the Azumabito?" He breaks the moment. "I mean......with their answer?"

That's right.........they finally replied after months....well it's the new year ...

His question breaks the silence for a moment, before gathering my thoughts. Even thinking about it, I didn't worry about Kiyomi harming me. It was my own child I was afraid of, and even the weight of being the next Shogun for Mikasa, created an ill aura between myself and Lady Kiyomi. Yet, that was only an obligation that should be settled between us two adults, than a young teen who is still figuring her life out.

If Shogun was a heavy burden to bear, then how come they couldn't find anyone back on their land?

".....still figuring out if I should confirm my intuition about her," my hand grips the edge of the basin tightly. "I'm happy that Mikasa found out more about her family, of royalty........but she's still a child and--"