𝟖𝟕 | 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞

*

Taking a big deep breath, I stood before the large dark wooden doors.

My heart rate was picking up, my palms sweaty and nervous. I didn't have anyone to walk me down, but I'll be okay right? It's just to exchange vows about a lifetime together, it's not a big deal....right? If Erwin was here....maybe, but he was no longer here. He left too soon. I had no family here, but I do have the Scouts. The only remaining Scouts, that is.

The doors slowly open, while feeling myself sweating slightly out of anxiousness.

'I can do this......I can do this......come on Akira, don't cry. It's pathetic.' I thought to myself, finally seeing the aisle I'll be walking down. 'dammit, I o

My hands glance down to the bouquet of beige white, and musk pink roses that rests in my hands against my waist. Trying to gather all my courage, I raise my head before seeing the doors full opened with all eyes slowly turning to see me. The centre of attention, eyes set on me feeling the pressure of the military upon me, like they've never seen this side of me before.

A soothing song begins to gently play, as I soon swallow back my fear and began walking slowly, with my strides simple paced but with confidence.

Never been to a wedding in my life, this was all so new to me. However it's mine, so I wasn't sure how fast I should walk, but Lena and Hanji explained to walk at a simple and slowly stride. Showing no regrets in my steps, no hesitance, to express that this is my decision and choice. The church was quaint but enough room, for a certain amount of soldiers to sit on either side.

Candles lit on either side by the windows, and at the centre where my eyes land upon him. My eyes felt watery for only a moment, while taking small confident strides towards my husband-to-be.

Every seat was occupied with each regiment, meeting familiar faces along the way like I would. Each one was either close comrades, from our training days, Section Commanders, squad leaders and Commanders. All wore their dark forest green cloaks, dressed in formal attire beneath, and their attention focused on me that is all in pure white.

Taking in my surroundings all at once while focusing only on Levi, the room gave off a warm comforting glow. It wasn't in mourning, nor was it melancholy. No, it was restoration, and luminous. With the morning glow of the sun peering through the coloured glass stained windows, the room was illuminated with mixture of warm colourful hues, coaxing the carpet that was spread towards the alter.

Mother......look at me now, are you proud? I've finally met someone, you told me I would find one day.........

*

~ PAST - (Akira 8 y/o) ~

"Love?"

My mother hummed softly with a nod, while she settles in the long grass in the meadows inside Wall Maria. "It is such a strong feeling, an emotion you can't touch but feel....." she spoke softly, her knuckle stroking my cheek tenderly. "I want you to live a life......to find someone, than it being forced upon you......"

"Forced? What do you mean, mama?"

She turned her body towards me, and chuckled softly with a mellow sound. "Some people can get married without a choice.......but what I want for you my dear, is to find that love for yourself......." her finger twirled a lock of my hair, with her eyes filled with wisdom and contentment. "......for example, your father and I were forced to marry.....so--"

"So you don't love papa?" I asked curiously, eyes gazed up into her cerulean eyes of her with innocence. 

She sighed with confliction, "Of course I love him, but I had to learn to love him.....he may be harsh........but there was a time where he showed his true side to me......" She admitted softly, but I couldn't understand what she meant. ".....but what i'm trying to tell you my dear.........don't force it, don't search........just let life take you....."