𝟏𝟔 | 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝

*

A FEW MONTHS LATER

The creaky sounds of the carriage and the distance echoes of the birds, wallow in the gentle wind. Cloak covering my face, my hands held the reigns while maintaining focus on the road ahead of me. The still and peaceful terrain made me feel at ease, knowing I'm well far from Chlorba district in which I came from. We had an order of at least ten fine stallions at least, knowing they need the mares to continue breeding.

"Captain Akira, are we just collecting horses just from dauper village or...?" Lena breaks the silence, while I grunt in response.

"Yeah, just there.........I specifically wanted to go personally," I began, feeling a little nervous. "They've only started breeding horses, but they were given special horses that would help start out their living."

"Why's that?"

A soft small smile curls upon my lips, "So.........I can meet with Mr Braus, apparently he's one of the best around these parts," I began. "He's a very good hunter too, and wanted to grab a few pointers."

She falls quiet allowing my response to sink in, before humming softly.

"So.............what are you going to do about that girl, you mentioned a while ago?" She asks me, feeling my heart strings tug. "Klara was it? What were you planning to do with her? It's been about almost a year since you saw her from the undergrounds, you planning to adopt her....?"

Klara, a small child I met from the undergrounds. Taking her would be unfair for the little children, but the thing was I had a plan in mind. It's probably not the best, but with all the chaos happening, I couldn't bring her up to the surface.

"I will be seeing her within two days from now, I got permission,"

Her eyes widen in shock.

"P-Permission? How did you manage that? I tho--"

"Took a heck of convincing through Erwin, and even the Mp's," my voice slightly darkens, mentioning the Mp's. My hands tightens around the reigns, while chewing my bottom lip. "What matters is I have a set time and place, no excuses or backing out. I will get Klara, now we're finally at ease for the time being."

"Akira........" her voice whispers in shock.

**************

Boots clamp down against the dirt while my hands rest upon my horses back, my head cranes to see a man no older than in his late thirties. A hat rested upon his head, and a beard. His eyes peer from behind his hat, with his hand holding it down.

"You must be Mr Braus?" I assume, with Lena following behind.

"Yes, that's me," he replies. "May I ask yer names?"

I give him a professional salute, "Akira Yamasaki, and this is Lena Hoffmann," gesturing to my assistant, who also saluted. "We got more soldier's to help us."

He tips his hat, "Well I'll be......so yer one of humanity's strongest soldiers, tis my lucky day," he smirks impressively, before he guides us to the stables not far from here. They're weren't as big or growing yet by their land or horses, but hopefully in the future they'll become great after great word.

We finally walk into the stables that held some horses, the room darkening due to the lack of sun but enough to know they will be enough. Mr Braus guides us around, informing and gathering what supplies we need for them. The horses were exceptionally fast, enough to outrun the titans which we were gratefully needed. My feet slowly took me to one of the horses, resting my palm against it's neck.

"Hey boy," I coo softly, gently patting the creature.

Something caught sight at the corner of my eyes, making me crane my neck.