𝟐𝟖 | 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

*

Staring at an old mirror, medical supplies were sprawled across the bench. My jacket was hanging on the chair, leaving me in my black shirt. My reflection was completely different, while trying my best not to look away. My hands shakily reach towards the old gauze, with dried blood staining the white dirty material. A deep sigh draws from my lips, trying to gather the courage to take the gauze off without being disgusted. 

"You can do this," murmuring to myself, licking my bottom lip with the weight upon my shoulders. 

My fingertips slightly lift the material only to hesitate, drawing my hands away before leaning forward. Shaking my head I stare back into the mirror, only to see another person from behind. Turning around stood Levi, which kind of startled me before he walks up to me quietly. 

"Levi........thought you would be busy in your office," I assume, before he shook his head.

"Tch, it's boring,"

Getting kind of the message I turn back around when a warm hand drifts to my waist, turning me around. My eyes met with steel eyes, that gazed into my own with something different. He ushers me quietly to sit up on the bench, guiding me without question. Knowing how pissed he would get if i protested over something stupid, I gave up in defeat. I'm mentally exhausted already.

Propping myself upon the bench, I adjust myself before seeing him dampen a cloth.

The quietness wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, but his actions were more filled with comfort and warmth. He soon walks back to me and stood between my knees, meeting eye to eye before passing me the cloth.

"Hold this," 

Taking it he soon reaches up, but I flinch slightly earning a small hum of confusion, "I'm taking this off, to clean your wound......dumbass," he mutters, moving closer. His face was rather closer, as his warmth breath coaxes my lips. The sensation left me feeling rather flushed, with how easy I'm allowing him to get so close. Why can't I push him away? 

Reluctantly he peels the gauze off, before feeling fresh air hit my eye.

He then lifts his hand up using his fingers to usher me to pass the damp cloth, before he begins cleaning around my wound carefully. His calloused fingers carefully cup my cheek, while focusing on not wanting to press deeply around it.

"It's slightly bruised around," he breaks the silence, still focused on my wound. "Leaving it with fresh air shall help heal more properly, so I recommend not to wrap your eye aga--"

"It's ghastly......isn't it?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Well of course it is, it's not fully healed," he tenderly touches around my wound, when I notice a slight change in his eyes. They grew more enmity, mixing with concern and frustration.

"I'm fine.....just thankful I'm not blind," my voice lowers, trying to slowly open my left eye. It was rather hard having it closed for so long, so it would be dark and uncomfortable to see through. Seething through my teeth, my eye was soon full open seeing one side blurry and darker. Blinking a few times, I finally able to see Levi more clearly on my left side.

"How does that feel?" his voice was more softer, which made me almost lose the air in my lungs.

"Sore, but a lot better,"

He breathes out with relief, "Good, you really scared me when I had to save everyone's sorry asses," he began cleaning up the supplies, while I sat there in a daze. 

Why wasn't Peter on the expedition with the Commander? Did he slip out? Managed an excuse? How did he even know I would be in Trost at that time?