𝟕𝟑.𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

*

NEXT DAY

Katsumi lulled her daughter to sleep, as the six month old slowly began to fall asleep. Patting her back gently, Katsumi's heart was clenched tightly as if guilt and fear was closing in on herself. She didn't know what to do, nor how to step up to her own father. Knowing how the military has reduced, they needed the leverage.

Inheriting a titan was the only way, for the Yamasaki's freedom.

However Katsumi was against the whole idea, and was thinking of discussing some of the matters with their allied forces. The Azumabito clan. Another clan, that was divided with the Shogun clan. Both the Yamasaki and the Azumbito clan's were branched out, and even another clan which were Oriental.

Katsumi shook her with such a suggestion, not even sure they're willing to aid them. They were held against their own will, so they were bound to only fate.

"What's that look?"

His voice startles her for a moment while quietly nursing her daughter, as her husband sits on the soft cushion beside her. He adjusts his cloak, hair slightly tousled and fatigued from his errands and responsibilities. Though he was only the son-in-law of the chief, he still continued aiding the restorationists in surpassing Marley.

Both the Chief and Erich had the same goal, but wanted to plan their own paths.

"Nothing, just........thinking," She sighed, her eyes trained thoughtfully against the small tea table in front of the two. Her warm tea rested before her, but she was more dazed than before. Her hold on her child tightens, her heart beast heavier than before.

The two were forced into an arranged marriage, but Erich truly did love her. That's how they came to agreements, connecting ties to the subjects of Ymir.

Although their relationship was rocky, her husband did have his moments of his short temper and then switching up quickly, to more concern. She was only married to him not long, but she still tried her best to be a good wife. Given the circumstances, the two tried to compromise and soon came to agreements to ease the peace between both family and political matters.

"Thinking? Did the Chief lecture you again?" He assumed, already reading her face. His hazel eyes studied her pale complexion, her jaw clenched, her azure eyes focused to nothing and her hands were slightly shaking. He leans back against one arm, as the twenty year old rolls his eyes. "Seriously, you need to step up if you're gonna be the next heir to th--"

"You don't understand," She muttered her shaky breath, lips slightly quivering. Tucking Akira in her arms protectively, her head lowers to glance down to her child. "I have no choice, and he is my father....."

"Tch, that old man," He cursed under his breath, a sneer curling at the corner of his lips. "Just accept it dammit, anyway....got news.........a new member has joined the Restorationists...."

The sudden change of the topic, took the sudden weight from Katsumi's mind.

"A new member? Why so specific, don't you always get a few new members?" She asked, while gently rocking Akira.

He seemed troubled by the newest member, by the way his frown was more rigid and focused so piercingly.

"Grisha Yeager, I've heard about him from a few years back," he informed her, as if he knew him before their marriage. "Today, he decided to set some strategies and hope that we will accomplish such foolishness......"

"Foolishness? Aren't we already planning such a thing, ourselves?" She questioned, assuming her father and the Restorationists were on equal sides when it came to who their real enemy was.