𝟑𝟔 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

*

The female titan accelerated towards us, feeling the heavy foot stomps against the earth shake beneath us. My hair flies wildly in the raging air, as we kept moving forward at an intense speed. Flicking our reigns the horse picked up the pace, awaiting for Erwin's plan to come into play.

The female titan was soon on top of us, it's dangerous eyes were glowering down upon us. Or mostly upon Eren, it's main target.

The distance was so close, and yet we remained ahead keeping her at a distance. We needed to make this work, to allow one of Erwin's predictions and plans to be a success. More so, Eren was placing his full trust in us, knowing we're the only capable soldiers out there to defeat one of these intelligent ones.

"Come on," I mutter under my breath, inching further and further in the deep growth of giant trees. Awaiting for the trap, I could predict where they placed it, but I know we're getting closer.

The horses strides were more longer and powerful, feeling my strength sync with the horses. I couldn't look back anymore, my muscles were tenses up and my goal was to get to the trap quickly. I couldn't tell what was going through Levi's head, nor if he was afraid. 

Soon my senses pick up on something, realising a clearing up ahead, my eyes narrow knowing something is about to be unleashed. Finally reaching the opening area, time seemed to go slow for a moment. My eyes flicker around, seeing scouts all around the area, with large artillery, and traps being surrounded. 

Everything soon slows down in motion, as the titan only notices.

"Fire!!!!!!!" a voice thunders around, before everything erupted with big explosions and traps being set off. The whizzing and whirring sounds, and the titan was startled by the sudden ambush attack. My eyes widen in how amazing the artillery was, even catching the spy off guard.

Yet we did not waver and continued on ahead, but I turn around to see the titan's body impaled with multiple grappling hooks embedded into her flesh. Holding her in place with awkward angles, thoroughly placed in all difficult areas. However she knew what to do before raising her arm, and blocked her nape with both hands. 

That bitch......

They soon shot another set of grappling hooks into her body, the metal chafing together to create dangerous sparks. Soon smoke fills up the area behind us, making me face back to the front to see levi turning to the others.

"Everyone hitch your horses a bit further on, switch to ODM gear," He orders, before turning to me. "I have to break away for a little while, Akira is in charge 'til I get back, so tuck Eren somewhere safe and out of sight, away from the female titan and see to my horse!"

Taking Levi's reign from his horse, he flashes me a look.

"Be safe?" I ask him softly, only a moment he takes my hand and squeezes it. 

"Tch, of course I will," his voice was rather soft and tender, my heart pounded against my chest. He then starts activating his ODM, and flew on ahead back to Erwin. With more confidence, we're out of harm's way, all the air I held in was finally released. My heart was racing a million miles an hour, and sweat aligns my forehead out of stress.

Gunther smirks, "So what do you think of us now, Eren?!"

"Let this be a damn lesson greenhorn, don't underestimate the scouts!" Oluo sneers at Eren, seeing everyone's faces lightly lift in relief. 

With no ounce of worry, my hands loosen around my reigns sitting back a little.

"Corporal, we did it!" Petra exclaims, hearing her voice flutter more lighter and laughter following after.