𝟖𝟏 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐧

*

Erwin laid out his real intentions and plans to the fearful recruits, even though it was a suicide mission. It was heavy order he gave them, but right now I had no say in the matter. Erwin was too stubborn to fall back now, finally leveling out his plan to me first. The soldiers and Erwin were the distraction, costing many lives as I could predict.

For myself, I was to use the large titans on the side to hook myself, and take the advantage and leverage to gain a path to the Beast titan.

I doubted Erwin for a moment being blinded by the obvious, but soon in consideration I followed his direct orders. We were gambling right now, as we have been from the start. Plans come to failures, and now failures might come to plan.

Taking my chance whilst hearing the soldier's roar with fear or wavering confidence, I hook into my first 14 metre titan in one swoop. 

Slicing through the nape with a vicious approach, blood sprays messily while keeping myself stealthy as possible. Slicing the long messy hair, I grunt with my strength while hooking onto the next titan vigorously. This plan sucks, wasting many soldiers that could've been able to become proper soldiers within a few years of basic training.

"I'm sorry.....everyone...."

Jumping to the next and to the next, green smoke flares were fired redirecting a few squads to seperate to even out the damage. Their voices of pain, and speeches left me conflicted with everything that has panned out within a day. I can't believe everything has gone to shit, and losing more wasn't on my bucket list. 

*

~ Ten Minutes before ~

"There's no point standing around! We'll only be showered by more boulders!" Erwin announced, loudly. "Ready your horses, on the double!"

"Be honest....." Mop hair spoke up, voice trembling. "....Are all of us.....riding to our deaths?"

Erwin raises his head, "Yes, we are..."

"...and since we're dying anyway, you're saying that it's better....." The soldier continued, tears brimming at the corner of his eyes. "....if we at least die fighting?"

"I am,"

"But wait, if we'll die anyway......then who cares what we do?" Floch dryly chuckled. "We could just disobey your orders....and it wouldn't mean a thing, would it?"

"Yes, you're precisely right," Erwin replied, blatantly. The soldier gasped in shock in response. "Everything that you thought had meaning-- every hope, dream or moment of happiness-- None of it matters as you lie, bleeding out, on the battlefield. None of it changes what a speeding rock does to a body...we all die. But does that mean our lives are meaningless?  Does that mean that there was no point in not being born? Would you say that of our slain comrades? What about their lives? Were they meaningless?"

Soldiers stood side by side, eyes widen and skin pale as white.

"THEY WERE NOT!!! THEIR MEMORY SERVES AS AN EXAMPLE TO US ALL!! THE COURAGEOUS FALLEN! THE ANGUISHED FALLEN! THEIR LIVES HAVE MEANING BECAUSE WE, THE LIVING, REFUSE TO FORGET THEM! AND AS WE RIDE TO CERTAIN DEATH, WE TRUST OUR SUCCESSORS TO DO THE SAME FOR US! BECAUSE MY SOLDIERS DO NOT BUCKLE OR YIELD, WHEN FACED WITH THE CRUELTY OF THIS WORLD! MY SOLDIERS PUSH FORWARD! MY SOLDIERS SCREAM OUT! MY SOLDIERS RAGE!"

~ Present ~

*

Flying through the rain of blood I seethe through my teeth, powering myself towards the son of bitch. Hands gripped around my blades, I soon take the opportunity as the remaining soldiers that were left, fired the green flares simultaneously.