𝟐𝟗 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

*

Leaning against the cold brick wall, my thoughts were sinking further into my head. With so much happening all at once, sometimes I feel like it wasn't real. It was all a facade. Some of the faces of those children I practically trained, and raised for three years, were gone, not once stepped out to their desired dream. It made my heart hurt, my blood boil, making me what to cry for their lost souls.

Shaking my head I sigh deeply pinching the bridge of my nose, brushing off those feelings. 

I'm being selfish of what I couldn't accomplish, and wishing to find a better way. Things weren't as easy, especially when you're under orders. They were only ordered straight into a bloody battle, too early and young.

"Excuse me, have you see--" a voice approaches me, recognising her in an instant.

Lifting my head up I met with soft brown eyes, seeing them widen in shock. Smile ear to ear, we both envelope each other in a hug. She squeezes me a little, hearing the excitement bubbling her cheery voice. Pulling away she scans my face, only to see it falter when her eyes land upon my scar that was permanently marred across my eye.

"What happe--"

"I'm fine, just a small wound from Trost," I assure her, not wanting to concern than what we all already are. 

She sighs hesitantly really wanting to ask, but soon respects my wishes standing back.

Exhaling heartedly I smile, "Anyway, you've changed.....new haircut?" I raises an eyebrow, as she laughs swish her shorter blonde hair. My hand reaches over touching the softer ends, that only rested upon her shoulders.

"Well yes, and you have changed a lot too yourself!" She grins widely, as she's grown into more of a woman than I last saw her. She would be at least twenty three now, which I'm assuming. I feel like I'm getting old, by just saying that. "Curvier and more beautiful!"

I ruffle her hair to stop with her compliments, feeling rather insecure about my body.

"Okay, that's enough......." cutting her off with a soft chuckle, while she groans in response. ".....anyway you're still my second hand in command, right?"

She fixes her hair for a moment with a pouty look, before nodding.

"Sure am, I've been training harder over the past few years," smiling widely, seeing how much she's changed. She even matured so much, I'm proud to call her an friend and my second in command. "Just so I can be able to pull my own weight, beside you!"

Smiling softly I could tell by her eyes she endured training, mentally and physically. She didn't even have to say anything, I just could tell by observing. Patting her shoulder gently, I soon got down to business with our current situation. With our plan in motion tonight, I hope we narrow down the cadets until we find the spies we're trying to uncover. Finally keeping her updated with everything, explaining about the cadet who could transform, to the special operation squad protecting and keeping Eren under surveillance. 

"Luckily the Commander has been keeping me in the loop," She laughs nervously, before her face softens with a sign of relief. "What matters is that you're well."

Slightly taken back by her words I was never expecting, made me realise how much she's placed her trust in me.

"I appreciate it, same goes for you too," I nudge her shoulder. "Anyway, we better get back down to our plan for tonight's speech. It's a risky one, but has Erwin filled you in yet?"

Shaking her head, the Commander soon finds us before ushering us to follow behind. With so much going on, following a loose thread currently, I just placed my trust in Erwin's hunch and plan.