𝟏𝟑 | 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

~ Hurts So Good ~ Astrid S

*

(THIRD POV:)

Soon after a few hours since the walls were breached, the citizens made it safely to Trost District. With the sudden breach, it clashed against the famine that's been going around in Wall Rose. Many people were already agitated, but with more people adding to the population within the district, it sent many people mad and incensed.

With the rest of the remaining Garrison soldiers, Hannes had taken Akira to the main Garrison headquarters to get her properly aided. With her condition, she used everything she had. When people saw her in her condition while entering Trost, everyone grew grim in response.

"She's been out for a few hours," the blonde comments, sitting against a crate with cigarette propped between his lips.

The nurse sends him a scolding glance, before swiping the cigar stamping it to the ground.

"Don't smoke while within a room, she's finding it difficult to breath at it is," She chastises, her soft blue eyes glare upon the soldier. Turning back upon the raven haired woman, she reaches over replacing a rag over her forehead.

Hannes watches how concerned the nurse was, before scratching his head in frustration.

"She actually came back from a expedition not long before the breach," he informs her. "Yet......this one is stubborn......."

The woman gravely sighs in response, "She acts like she isn't human,"

Hannes furrows his eyebrows, "You act like you know her.....may I ask?"

The woman softly smiles, "I was in the 101st cadet corps, couldn't find my talent in fighting so....." she wipes her hands against her apron. "......I volunteered to become a nurse, aid my services to the medical wing within Trost which I'm from.....yet she encouraged me to follow, what I found was right for myself."

Hannes was greatly impressed, which he is always to people who were 'special' which he would quote.

The woman turns to the soldier who sat up, running his hands over his rugged and dirty face. "So......how do you know her? Or was it your duty to aid her quickly?"

Hannes smirks, "I've known her since she was a youngster, she was such a bright child,"

Chuckling at the small moments, he reminisces.

She soon walks over to the window hearing the large commotion, with the people of Shiganshina being fed. Sighing heavily she wished she understood what they were going through, because all she can see now was now more people to tend too and more work to do. Things haven't been great within Trost, especially with the shortage of food.

"So when will she be able to head back to the Survey Corps HQ?"

Her eyes linger a little longer through the window pane, "I don't know for sure, but.........with how she's going......at least two days of rest,"

"What? She needs to go back to HQ!"

She nods knowing he's right, but in her condition she didn't recommend moving her.

"Ngh......."

A soft groan leaves the soldier's lip, earning both Hannes and the nurse's attention to snap in the direction the sound was coming from. Her cyan eyes flutter open, with a painful expression creasing her forehead for a moment.

"A-Akira....."

The young girl turns her head slowly adjusting to the bright light around, with many questions flooding her mind. Trying to recall what had just happened, she soon remembers before shooting up from the mattress. Pain shoots through her body, causing her to cower slightly in pain.