𝟐𝟔 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

*

Late in the afternoon all I could do was prepare for our next destination, which in Erwin earlier discussed that we take Eren to an old former Scout's castle. With food and supplies already packed in a storage compartment, all we could do was wait till morning. Not much notice on any late meetings, or even secret meetings.

That being said, Eren was placed under Levi's supervision for the night. Felt sorry for the kid, but Levi doesn't really sleep much so it was convenient.

With further preparations in order I decided to go check in with the young cadets, being worried sick. It just felt like an instinct. Making my way down the hallways, I could hear chattering echoing down from the small garrison quarters. Having no where else to go because of their graduation, by choosing their regiments soon. Finally reaching the main room, something was thrown past my head standing there stunned.

Two of the cadets stood there, halted in their small little whatever they were doing.

"C-Captain......." Sasha breaths out, earning everyone's attention.

Bending down I pick up the pillow from behind me, and walked in with a small smile on my face. It was like they were relieved, but then some were worried sick about Eren. Suddenly I felt someone grab my collar harshly, feeling my back slam against the brick wall. Grunting in response, my eyes met with burning eyes by none other than Mikasa. Understanding what this was about, it was rather inappropriate hurting a higher rank soldier.

"You let that pipsqueak beat the living hell out of him!!!!" She yells angrily, while Armin trying to pry her off.

My eye narrows looking slightly up, before taking her wrist calmly.

"He's alright, I can assure you," my voice softens, not having the time to snap at my own soldiers. "We only did that, to prove that we can handle him.......he's safe and sound. It's better than being dissected....."

She grits her teeth knowing full well i was right, but didn't like to admit it.

"Please Mikasa, she didn't even do anything," Armin pleads, grabbing her arm to pull her away preventing anymore hurt egos.

"Still, she allowed that Captain, to beat Eren till he bled!" She snaps, her eyes still filled with rage and anger. I knew it wasn't aimed towards me, but she needed someone to blame for now. She was concerned for him, I get it. I grip her wrist firmly, gently releasing my collar allowing my adjust myself while she stood there, shoulders shaking not knowing what else to say, except spurting complete nonsense.

"He's healed, because of those....powers of his," I assure her, before pulling her to me. Slowly I embrace the young child feeling herself tense up, but slowly her body soon relaxes accepting it. Her arms soon wrap around slowly, rubbing her back gently trying to calm her knowing it must've been hard protecting someone she cared about against the Premier and even the Military Police. Those assholes have no brain, but to find the cheapest and easiest way out.

Slowly pulling away I turn to all the cadets, or the remaining cadets.

Some were probably in different rooms, being only still few other cadets than the main ten. My eye scans the room before seeing Jean sitting alone, not being bothered to sit with anyone. With everything that had happened, lives were taken too early. My gut churns in response, while trying to process that I lost precious cadets that day.

"I'm just checking in all of you, making sure you're all okay," I spoke up, as arms soon embrace out of nowhere.

"Big sis!!!!" Sasha cries, causing me to stumble back in surprise.