𝟖𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

*

A WEEK LATER

Things has gradually died down in regards to the battle in Shiganshina, and winter is just around the corner. The air has grown colder, and the days have become shorter due to the weather change and glacial air. People began stocking up more quickly, and work has been scarce for the people that were farmers.

Hanji has also been working hard in organising, and adjusting to her new role as Commander of the Scouts.

Though we didn't discus our own personal feelings about how we really felt, it was all left at the graves on that day at the memorial. Simply, we couldn't bring ourselves to dwell on it further, and focused in restoring our land and eliminating the titans that lingered behind Wall Maria. Though we are currently safe for now, we now know we have enemies behind the walls.

Not titans.......but humans.....

*

Sitting tucked inside the warmth of my office, a blanket draped over my lap, I was focused only on signing reports and old reports. With myself as Section Commander, and Hanji's right hand woman now, my role has become very important. Though with my pregnancy in the way, I was given orders to not excel into any activity or anything that will cause harm to my child. 

My hand drifts to my stomach instinctively, gathering warmth while my eyes glide along the reports that addressed to me personally to review. 

A short grunt leaves my lips, my forehead creases while feeling slight cramps settle near my lower abdomen. Pursing my lips in a thin line, I take a break from work and lean back to feel slight cramping causing little discomfort again. My fingers knead my stomach a little, trying my best to ease the pain. My heavy breath of air pushes past my lips shortly, as my eyes trail back to the small pile of papers neatly stacked.

~Knock~Knock~

"State name and--" I cut myself off with a sigh, rolling my eyes finding no use in asking anymore. "You can come in!" with a short inhale, before exhaling deeply.

The door creaks open before seeing Levi, walking in with cups of tea in hand. His face rests comfortably with no sign of a scowl or irritation, only noticing the slight light brightening his silver blue eyes. The sound of boots were soft, yet firm, indicating it was just a normal visit than anything demanding.

Laying the tray down on the empty spot on the desk, he bends slightly forward brushing a few strands of hair from my eyes.

"You doing alright?" his forehand rests on my temple, pushing my bangs away. "You have no fever which is good, but you must be tired, my love."

Humming softly I lean into his touch, "Yeah, but this work needs to be done--"

"Take a break for a few minutes, or even half an hour...." He insists firmly, his eyes turn a little more stern and with a slight commanding tone. "I've brought in some green tea for you, less caffeine and it's your favourite......so drink up and replenish your body, please?" he walks around the desk and stood beside me, his fingers raking through my hair, with a soft pleading look in his eyes.

I'm still getting used to his own tender and considerate side, but it makes me fall more in love with him as the days go on.

"Okay," taking the cup of green tea, I slowly lift it up to my lips and blew gently. A few seconds later adjusting the temperature, I sip it slowly allowing the warmth to soothe my raspy throat and loosen my concerns. Swallowing the sweet tea, I take a moment to lean back and close my eyes, letting it sink in.