𝟕𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝-𝐎𝐟𝐟

*

LATER THAT NIGHT 

"What did Erwin want from you, this time?"

Closing the the doors behind me with a gentle click, my palms flatten against the surface. My eyes lower with confliction, with slight fear Erwin will think of me differently after informing him about my uncle.

"Actually, the man whom claims to be my Uncle .......Erwin investigated on my Uncle and his whereabouts previously before he ambushed us in Trost," I reply tiredly, feeling my eyes feel heavier. Running around on errands, meetings and processing everything, my head was going to explode. "Seriously, I told him not to concern himself to investigate the issue, but what does he do? He does it anyway......"

Lifting my head up I push off the door, stepping closer to my boyfriend. His hands soon snake around my waist, tugging me into his chest carefully, whilst my arms loop loosely around his neck.

Pressing a soft kiss to my nose, his warm breath coaxes over my lips.

"You look more exhausted than I do," He quietly observes, with concern lacing in his voice. His hands drift up along my curves, before reaching up brushing a few loose strands of hair away from my eyes. "Let's rest a little before dinner is ready?"

Nodding we pull away and settled upon our shared bed, and wrapped my arms around his torso and head against his chest, I exhale deeply. His scent was a mix of black tea, and mint which allowed myself to drift closer into him with comfort.

With the operation ready and prepared, we will be leaving early by sunset tomorrow. The excitement was bubbling inside my chest, but outwardly I was not feeling like expressing it. Finally we can reclaim my home district, even though I may never move back to Shiganshina once we reclaim it. I have no reason to move back, despite it being practically my home.

Levi was now my home, and that's all that mattered to me. He brought me closure, and someone I could come back too.

Fingers tangled through my loose ponytail, before feeling him untying my raven hair completely, allowing the tension on my scalp to be released. Humming softly, his fingers begin to massage my head softly and tenderly. Snuggling closer into his chest, a contented hum thrums in my throat.

"Akira.....there's...." Levi pauses hesitantly, pressing his lips in a thin line. "....there is something I haven't told you, about.....your uncle--"

"He's a alive...right?" I reply, assuming that's what he was about to tell me. Judging by how quiet he's become, I was accurate with my assumption. 

His voice lowers, "How did you know?"

Shifting a little on my side with him still combing his fingers through my messy locks, I comfortably nuzzle more into his chest. "A hunch.....a feeling I guess," I reply calmly, my fingers tracing over the veins that trailed over his toned forearms. "Being my legit uncle, I guess the bastard wouldn't die so easily and back down....."

"Doesn't he......scare you?"

Just his appearance alone was intimidating, and his voice pressuring and was live stones gravelling together, that would leave chills behind.

I nod, "He does......but, I know that if I don't face him.....I'll never learn the truth behind my family," trailing off, my eyes flutter closed. "So, if he does ambush me when we retake Wall Maria.....let me take care of him, and only me."

He scoffs lightly, "Is that an order, or a request?"

Lifting my head our eyes meet for a moment, "Do you want it to be an order, Captain?" I tease lightly, a smirk curling upon my lips. "Cause I can make it happe--"