𝟓𝟎 | 𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

*

With only silence keeping us from fighting, it also made me focus on breaking this rope. Whether my body was giving up, my mind wasn't haven't it. I could give in, and accept all this. My face burning up, sweat glides down as my locks clung to my sticky forehead.

Hearing a quiet snap, my hands loosens behind my back.

Eyeing both the shifters that sat boredly, I was relieved they didn't hear it snap. Adjusting my hands again, the rope slackens realising I was free. However, my feet were still binded together. My wrists were burning from the rope, and it was rather uncomfortable. With my current situation, I had no plan. Surrounded by only shifters, I was in no position escaping.

Unless......

"Hey Reiner! Got any water?" Ymir asks, breaking the silence. "Help a girl out. I'm dying over here."

He grunts, "Sorry, there's not a helluva a lot I can do," he apologises. "Even if it is a matter of life and death."

She sighs deeply, "That's comforting, well at least now we know where we stand, sort of,"

Everyone falls quiet again, while my eyes linger upon Eren, who seems to be keeping his emotions in check. He was impressing me with every second, patience was looking good on him. Sought of. Slumping against the tree, my eyes wearily flutter shut then open, repeatedly.

Dammit, I can't fall asleep now.....too much is at stake now.....!

"Speaking of which," Reiner spoke up, as he sat in front of me with his legs crossed. "We've been working our asses off. No food, no sleep, no nothing. Ever since those titans showed up. That was yesterday, right? Man, we're lucky the wall hasn't been destroyed. Still, you'd think that means they'd give us a break......and don't even get me started on promotion."

Bertholdt stares at him in confusion, "What the hell?" while sat there, reflecting the same reaction.

Reiner hums in response realising he was talking to himself, before lifting his head to face Bertholdt.

"What? Aww, come on, I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?" He asks,  "god knows we've done our share of heavy lifting, all things considered. I mean, I get it, we're soldiers. Duty first. It's just nice to be acknowledged."

My breaths shudders in response, realising something unusual.

"You bang your head or something?" Ymir questions, sarcastically. "What're you even talking about. Seriously?"

"Ugh....Don't give me that!" he groans in annoyance. "I'm not sayin' we storm in and demand the rank of Captain or anything."

I click my tongue with a dry scoff, "Like hell you will gain such a honorary rank," my tone grew bitter, as I calmly eye him. "You're a kid, you don't understand what most of the soldiers in the Scouts have to do, to become a Captain, let alone gaining respect."

His jaw clenches, as his amber eyes darken.

"Like hell you would know!" He retorts, stiffly and sternly "You may seem high and mighty, but you're far weaker than the man who requested you. All you have is nothing, your rank is barely anything accomplishable. No wonder your clan died instantly."

Clan? What did he mean by that? Does he know something?

Shaking my eyes, I swallow thickly.

"No, you don't understand what I've been through to get here," my tone grows deeper, with a threatening shift. "You're just a kid, who needs to be taught a lesson."