𝟖𝟎 | 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧

*

We're trapped.......

We weren't fools and naive to know there would be an ambush, but sometimes the enemy could only be a couple steps forward.....

Though slight fear courses through my body, the guilt weighing in my heart, I only hoped Hanji, Moblit and Lena were alive. It was all I could cling too, especially with how serious the Colossals transformation was. I did. When I was abducted a few months ago, feeling the steam burning against your skin, like your own flesh was melted off metaphorically.

Yet, laying half of my command to Armin, I knew what I was doing. His mind and my soldiers teamwork, will figure a way to take Bertholdt down. 

Standing beside the young soldiers, all we could do for no was gape at the sight of the Colossal. Sweeping it's giants hands across the houses, sending them in the air, as the timber burned into hot flames. My cheeks grew flushed from the heat, while my jaw clenched firmly.

"Look at all those houses up in the sky," Connie spoke up. "One of 'em could be yours, right, Eren? How's it feel to have your own roof over your head again? Get i?!!!!!"

Connie bursts out laughing, head back, while I grimace from his terrible joke. However, I knew he was trying to make the situation lighter and half serious at least.

"Sasha, could you smack him for me?" Jean asks, seething through his teeth.

Without hesitation she slams the side of her thunderspear against his head, while I turn back around to focus on the situation. Seeing Bertholdt wandering aimlessly, burning houses beneath a simple touch, he clearly doesn't know our exact location to stop Eren.

"Seems he doesn't know our exact location," narrowing my eyes, as I spoke up.

"You're right," Armin agrees. "He's just scattering burning debris to turn Shiganshina into a sea of flames."

Suddenly heavy burning debris destroys a house just beside us, causing Sasha to gasp with fear, startled by how close we stood.

"Corporal! Armin! Your orders!" Connie hastily asks, wavering under the pressure these children were placed with.

"Yeah! What should we do?!!"

Armin froze hesitantly while he's eyes fearfully lock with the Colossal, while I'm trying my best to stand guard to protect my soldiers. Glancing down I place a warm hand upon the nervous soldier, "Armin, is everything alright?"

His shoulders shook while his teary blue eyes, meets my own.

"C-Could you ask s-someone else, maybe Jean?"

I blink a few times, remembering a few minutes ago he was confident.

Jean glances down with confusion, "What?"

"I don't know what to do," Armin admits, stressfully at the brink of tears. "I'm worried I'll screw up. I made a mistake thinking we could talk to Bertholdt, and look where it got us. Please, Jean! You're better suited for this!"

Clearly Jean was taken back by Armin's request, trying to consider our own options. I do agree Jean was capable in leading, yet I just couldn't count the options we have without losing anyone else.

Jean turns to me, as if waiting for me to reject Armin's request. Surprising him, I give him a nod to come up with our next move, after he considers some kind of an idea to reinforce some kind of leverage.

Returning the nod he clears his throat, "Move, make for the river!!!" He orders. "Everyone aboard Eren, to conserve our gas!"

Everyone began following his clear directions, resting upon Eren's titan forms  shoulder. While shuffling down the pain grew more intense in my torso, I found it rather difficult to breathe. Applying pressure over my tied jacket, Jean lended me a hand to climb alongside them. Using one arm I grasp his arm in a monkey's grip, as he helps me up.