𝟏𝟒 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

~ Watch ~ Billie Eilish (Slowed)

*

LATER THAT NIGHT

Since I've spoken to him, I've been trying my best to give him space.....

A burden I must carry upon my shoulders, being a failure. Things haven't been easy on me, but I knew I truly deserved it. Despite it mostly with the titans at fault, I've left my guard down and let everything run to chaos.

"Hey,"

My eyes drowsily drift over to see Levi walk through the tower door, before making his way over to me. He sits upon the edge with me on the top tower, while gazing up to the moon. My legs hanging off the ledge, hands resting behind me. The soft wind blows idly by, feeling it comb through my hair, like my own mother doing my hair from the heavens.

"Levi.......surprised to see you come to me," I chuckle through my light tears, my head already getting a headache.

He clicks his tongue in response, following my gaze to the sky.

"I'm not really that evil, am I?" he questions rhetorically, but I couldn't muster a fake smile. The energy was drained completely, especially after the events.

"No.....no you're not," I whisper, wiping away the tears with my wrist.

Silence soon fills the empty void between us, not sure if he knew or not. Taking a deep breath in, I could sense Levi glancing my way with deep concern. I know we had our differences, and how closed off he was.....but, I could sense it.

Sometimes he was readable, and some other days he's just a hard cover......

"What happened out there?" He questions, his voice soft and concerned. "I've heard rumours, that you stood before those titans by yourself........saved so many citizens......but........."

He sighs deeply.

"....what really happened out there beside the titans?"

Should I tell him? But then I would show a weak side of myself, dammit all........I need someone to talk to.......

"The same........way you lost your loved ones," I reply, my voice cracking in the process.

"What do you mean....?"

The raging fire within my heart starts to burn rapidly, the more the colossal daunted my memories. The trembling earth moved beneath me back then, rocks flying in every direction crushing homes and innocent lives in the process. The blood tainting the streets, it was like a complete blood bath within a cage.

"I just lost m-my......entire family.........failing to save them," I reply, my voice was growing more shaky by thinking about it. No home to come back to, nor a place to even go to see their gentle and calm faces again. Shaking my head, I didn't think this information was worth telling him. "Don't worry about what I said.......I don't think you would care.......I understand how you go without forming any close bonds."

He sighs deeply, feeling slight comfort with him right beside me.

"I try........but...." he admits honestly. "I do care about you......but I don't blame you assuming that of me."

My eyes slowly widen in response by this, unable to think what he was truly entailing.

"Levi......"

"I'm not a heartless bastard, losing family is a tragic fate," he continues on, being so honest with his true feelings. "But......I want you to know, you still have your brother......and the survey corps."