𝟐𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞

*

NEXT MORNING ~ OLD SCOUT'S HQ

The morning was rather a dread, only getting two hours of rest into my schedule. Nonetheless, at least I was able to sleep without any disruptions. Levi, however, sat there allowing me to rest. Feeling rather bad, he would've brushed it off and moved on. Typical he was.

The forest growth soon starts to grow thicker the more we rode our horse in, making our way to the old Scouts headquarters. Apparently no one has been there in ages, so we had to clean up the filthy building. Hearing Oluo's constant chatter to Eren, and changing his character of tone and facial expressions, it was rather embarrassing to watch.

"...A proper royal residence once upon a time; and more recently, our former headquarters....." he continues on, while I roll my eyes shaking my head riding on ahead of the group. "....fancy, yes, but absurdly impractical once the Scouts got down to business. Much, much too far removed from either river or wall."

Sighing deeply I flick my horses reigns, while trying to block the annoying soldier from my head.

Understanding he was briefly explaining about the castle, and about how we knew about it from the early days. Ordinarily he was, I trusted Levi's judgment with his choice of soldier's he handpicked. Remembering my last day before leaving three years back, I asked them to take care of Levi. Thinking back, my face would heat up at the thought of my words.

"Do not be deceived, greenhorn," Oluo warns Eren, while I turn my head around seeing him drift his horse over. 

Eren furrowed his eyebrows at the nickname, "Excuse me?"

"Don't be expecting the royal treatment," Oluo scowls quietly, trying to keep his fake cool ego to the surface. "Whether you're titan or human, don't imagine for a second we all share the good captain's enthusi--"

Being cut off with that idiot's cries, he bit his tongue again.

"You dumbass," I sigh, turning my head around hearing a small snicker coming from Eld beside me. "Has he been like since I left?"

Turning to the vice captain, he nods with an annoyed expression.

"Yeah you can say that, it really is embarrassing to watch," he honestly replies, while I smile at the thought if Levi has overheard him. "But....he only does it around us, not Levi........so, I guess we're safe."

"Good,"

Finally after a few more minutes of silently riding our horses, we reach the large castle before us. Placing our horses within the musty old stables, I pat the base of my horses neck before tying her up. With so much cleaning and preparation for this place to become comfortable, I slap both my cheeks in response to wake myself up. Wincing from slapping my eye by accident, I kick the side of the wall before making my way to the building.

With our big journey from Trost, I was just thankful to have a few things provided already. Even though stables were poorly built, and weeds sprouting around, it was indeed an unkempt place. However with the building still stable and up, it was doable.

"Man look at these weeds," Gunther comments. "This place seriously has gone to hell."

Eld walks from behind nodding in agreement, "It's been abandoned for years," he replies, as my eyes trail along the moss covered walls that displayed before us. "Bet the insides' are shambles."

The sound of boots approaching us made me turn slightly, "In which case," Levi spoke up, surprising the two from his sudden appearance. "We have a problem, don't we? Best grab a broom and get to work."