𝟔𝟑| 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩

*

After a defeated day we all headed back to the warehouse, seeing as night begins to take over. Everyone was entirely exhausted, while some were traumatised having to face the fact, that titans isn't the only thing we have to kill, but also people. With Eren and Historia ripped away from us, all we could do was retrace back and recuperate.

A flash of the man's eyes imprinted into my mind, with a face that could switch from menacing to a psychopathic expression. Shivers ran down my spine, hand clutching my bullet wound tightly forgetting to breathe.

No name was given, but tiny pieces left here and there with nothing to understand or interpret. 

The cloak darkened his appearance, masking that ghastly scar that almost covered his left side of the face. A ghostly white eye was left on that side, while the eyes was azure. His hair was wavy and messy with a few grey strands hung over his eyes, then the rest pulled back into some kind of cultured bun. 

He was death himself, as his own aura alone was darkening. 

"Corporal," a soft voice approaches me, before seeing my assistant. "You're okay!"

Meeting her soft brown eyes, relief washes over me thinking she was shot earlier with the rest of Hanji's squad. She closes the warehouse door quietly, before walking over to me with haste.

"Lena....y-you're....." my lips part, finding my throat dry and raspy. 

"I tried to find you after I heard gunfire, and--" She pauses, eyes drifting down to my wound. My hand bites down around the wound, applying enough to pressure to keep myself steady. "You're wounded, we need to--!"

I hush her, "Please don't........make it a big deal," I assure her, but taking a step forward my head soon grows lighter and dizzier. Trying to blink away the exhaustion, Lena without hesitation loops an arm around my good shoulder giving me some support.

"Come on, let's get this treated,"

Grimacing while seething through my teeth, my face contorted in pain when we soon shift  forward. Just the slightest movement in my left arm, finding it heavier than before. It was the first time being shot, and to be honest it was unexpected. The firearms were incredibly powerful, seeing by how they were built mainly for people, than titans.

"Where's the Captain?" Lena asks softly, glancing around. 

"He's just getting stitched up, Sasha is tending to him now," I reply softly. "The kids are just.........watching over Reeves at the back.....they're a little shaken up."

She purses her lips together, eyebrows pinching together in confusion.

"What for?" She questions, noticing my sudden change of behaviour. Silence drifts between us, "Hey......Corporal, what happened out there? What did I miss?"

She searches within my eyes for anything, the slightest hint as to why the room felt melancholy and silent. The silence itself was dragging heavily against the ground, no one couldn't utter a word but our own defeat. 

"You know, I'll wait.....firstly, let's get you treated," She continues aiding me, heading over to a quiet spot. Her wispy blonde strands of hair covers her eyes, wondering what happened on her end of the whole entire event. Placing me down upon a smaller crate, I softly groan from the small shift in my wounded arm.

She then collects some water we had left over, and the medical bag we had in case for any wounded on our small journey. 

"Alright.........we're gonna need someone else to help with this," She murmurs to herself, before turning to see Sasha walking over with few things in hand. "Ah, Sasha just who we need."