𝟒𝟐 | 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬

*

NEXT MORNING ~ SOUTH OF WALL SINA

The heavy gallops thunder down towards the forest line, before finally ending to the open spread of the land. I've been heading south west from Stohess, and was surprised I've made it towards the old Scouts Facility, where Miche's squad has remained. The wind pounds against my ears, while making my way towards the buildings. Even though I was furious that we couldn't fully capture Annie, it means Erwin's life is limited if he takes another risky gamble.

I've been serving him for only four years, and here I still place my trust in his hands.

Approaching the buildings, the crisp morning air felt nice against my skin. I noticed two soldiers were slowly approaching me, seeing they were on guard this early in the morning. Then again, we're dealing with assumed shifters. To detain the, to pull them apart from Annie. For my stay here, I must lower my voice so they don't figure out we captured their comrade.

Pulling my reigns I slow down, coming to a normal trot.

"Well if it isn't Corporal Akira," 

"Tomas, been a while," I jokingly reply back, before I come to a halt to slide off. Landing firmly, I guide my horse behind me, "So, how is babysitting going for you all? Must be so rough, hmmm?"

He chuckles nervously, "Um, not really.....actually they're all bored out of their minds, if you ask me,"

"Hmm.....well, orders are orders," clicking my teeth together, I guide my horse with Tomas following along. Entering the stable, I tie my horse while he fills me in with the past two days since they brought the kids out. Seems nothing out of the ordinary has happened, as it's another hunch that a shifter or more is within the 104th.

".......so everything seems to be taken care of," I assume, while adjusting my gear making sure everything was intact. Continuing forth, I notice two more from Miche's squad. Both Gelgar and Henning was busily talking, when they notice my newly presence. 

They both took the time and placed their fists against their left breast, "Corporal!" in a respectful salute.

With a gentle nod I warmly smile, before heading to the watchtower which was separated from the rest of the other buildings. Taking my controllers, I made sure they were working just in case anything went wrong. "Section Commander Miche is just getting ready, to take over Nanaba's shift," Tomas informs me, while I hum.

"I gathered that, spotted her earlier," 

"I will go and inform him your presence," He heads off in the opposite direction, while I grip my handles firmly.

Activating my ODM, I dig the hooks into the side of the walls and flew up to meet Nanaba already on lookout. Landing firmly on my feet, my hand rests against the stone brick for support, as she heard my presence.

"So, how did everything go?" She questions, in a more hush tone. Her icy blue eyes matches mine, while I advert my eyes to the ground, pursing my lips in a firm line. She awaits my answer, but easily from my expression she would know it wasn't complete. 

"The culprit was captured, however......." my voice grew deeper, the more I dwelled on the situation. "......she managed to encase herself into some crystalised stone.......we can't any information out. So, we're placing her beneath the ground to ensure her imprisonment."

The young woman leans against the brick wall behind her, only supporting from waist down. Folding her arms she shared the same troubled look, replicating the same expression knowing there's something far more deeper. Running my fingers through my raven locks, I pull my hair to adjust my messily done hair due to an all nighter. Placing my hair tie between my teeth, a heavy sigh draws from her lips.