𝟗𝟎 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

*

A WEEK LATER - SHORE OF PARADIS

Not long after our negotiation, we began to take down ships from Marley that pursued the wrecked ships which was Yelena's crew. However, the turn of events left them at a disadvantage either swimming ashore or swimming back to their country. We were giving them mercy, without bloodshed. Yet, they continue to call us devils and maybe their right, but now all I want to focus on is the safety of my child and the future of Paradis.

Learning many things beyond our land brought us at ease, learning about trains, railways, more military weaponry that is more flexible in our line of defence and offence.

Standing in a small room, there were blueprints scattered on the table filled with buildings, and structures, and unfamiliar things we never seen or upgraded from our knowledge. My fascination began to slowly emerge from my conservative side, but my emotions were kept in check but open-minded. Sasha, Jean and Connie were in awe on one of the plans, while I gaze taking in the structure of the Port.

"So may I ask, what do Port's do exactly?" I tilt my head, my eyes meeting his eyes curiously. "I mean it sounds something to do with the sea........I must sound kinda dumb asking..."

He gives me a warm assured smile, "No, it's fine.....a Port is a docking place for ships or boats, for the coast of the ocean, river, or even a lake for example....it would provide more comfort for visitors even....." he explained clearly, which made more sense. ".....so i guess you've never learnt from your moth-- I mean! N-never been taught that...sorry Section Commander..."

Giving him a subtle steady look from his stutter, I knew what he meant by that. Why didn't my own mother teach me things like this? Or was it even important at the time? She didn't teach me much, but self defence and martial arts. 

"It's fine, I know what you mean.....but I wouldn't have asked if I knew," I replied, with a warm tone of assurance. Though with a slight grimace from being a idiot, I wanted to learn to progress further for our people. "Anyway, I'm just amazed by this work....the structure and the time it will take."

Hanji suddenly threw an arm around my shoulder jerking me forward, making let out a small yelp in surprise.

"You don't understand how excited I am!" Hanji shook me a bit, while Onyankopon laughs sheepishly with Hanji's enthusiasm not knowing how scary and unpredictable she can be. "All the wonders of science I haven't known, imagine how much I can--"

I throw a hand over her head and ruffled her hair over her owns, "We get it Hanji," I chuckle softly, before pulling away and leaning against the wall beside me. Silence finally fills the room, while my eyes still peer over his shoulder at the prints.

Onyankopon parts his lips about to speak, when Sasha cleared her throat while Jean held a smirk on his face glancing at other plans.

"Oh, by the way...." breaking the silence, her eyes curiously glancing at Onyankopon. "Why is your skin so dark, Onyonkopon?"

Lena glanced over in curiosity as well, whilst in discussion with another soldier.

I couldn't tell if the question was offensive to him, but judging by his reaction he was rather calm and open with himself, "Because our creator thought that things would be more interesting," He smirks, with a raised brow. "If the world were occupied by many kinds of people, I'd say that applies to you Subjects of Ymir as well. We exist because we were wanted."

"Wait...we were created?" Armin's eyes glowed, with shock. "By who?"

"By the one who gave power to your Founder Ymir," He replied back, simply. "It was God..." he faltered for a moment, tentatively. "Well, that's what some people believe. We're all free to think as we like, right?"