𝟗𝟑 | 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲

~*~

IN MARLEY

"Amazing.........."

That's all I could say as all of us stood in shock, while glancing around at the different environment. With little Luka tucked against my breast securely, I felt my mind wander over the many things this world has to offer. The port was bigger than what we had back on Paradis for sure, and there were machines that were not even invented back within the walls. It was so futuristic , that my mind couldn't keep up.

Luka babbles at the many people and machines, as he was no stranger to curiosity.

Levi's hand remained in mine tightly but comfortably, while my eyes were lit up in awe with my cheeks warming up. It was so different and more lively, filled so much produce and much more inventions that I knew Hanji is willing to discover and gawk over. 

"My friends!" a familiar voice greets; before seeing Onyankopon lowering his white hat. "I'd like to welcome you to the continent of Marley! The Azumabito have been waiting. May I escort you?"

Both Hanji and I smile brightly, "Hey Onyankopon!" Hanji greets warmly, with the two chuckling together.

"It's so good to see you here!" Onyankopon smiles widely, before his eyes shift to me and then little Luka. "Look at him, he's grown up.......would he be about a year old by now?"

Nodding with a smile, "Yes, that's correct," I reply, before Luka gazes up at Onyankopon. Seems he can't remember him, I mean it was only for brief meet and greet a few months back. "Thanks for being our escort..."

"It's my pleasure," he rests his hand against his chest. "So, what does everyone think about the biggest Port in the country?--"

Before he could get an answer, some kind of carriage came whirring past us. It sounded very strange, especially when there were no horses hitched to the fancy carriage. A man was even driving it, which was even more unusual as my curiosity leaps for a moment. It even had glass panes around, and seats still tied down to the carriage.

I didn't even want to sound dumber, than how I look right now.....

Connie gasps, "What's with that horse?!" pointing at it, accusingly. "Or wait.....is that--- what was that?!"

"Nah!" Sasha renounces. "No horse ever looked like that. I think it was a marleyan cow!!--"

"It must've been a car," Hanji cries out, that crazed grin curls upon her lips. Rolling my eyes with a chuckle at their reactions, and even I thought Hanji would collect herself from all this. In all honesty, there was so much happening I couldn't express it but be entertained. "I've definitely heard about those! Hey! Car! Here, boy!!!"

Grimacing with a sheepish smile I tuck Luka into my arms more, while noticing Armin look embarrassed.

"They're making a scene," Armin whispers quietly. "Everyone's staring."

Jean sighs in annoyance, "Shit......." he tugs his hat down, to keep his head down and hide himself. "All these people are gonna think we're a bunch of yokels now....."

"Huh?"

Jean blushes in embarrassment, "....just act like you don't know 'em...."

Keeping myself nearby Onyankopon and Levi, it was safer that way than to look like idiot like those three. Even Luka is giggling and clapping his hands, which eased my anxiety a bit. "Better get them on a leash," Levi comments. "They'll try and feed the car carrots, if they manage to catch it."

Onyankopon chuckles in response, "Give 'em more credit than tha--" 

"Tch, we know them well enough they'll do it," I raise a brow, amusingly. "Just give 'em time...." glancing over, the sea of people to find them already buying carrots at the stall.