Untitled Part 66

Tom P.O.V.

I arrive back at the house with information about the flat. As I walk in the door I am tackled by the kids. "Hi daddy." The kids say as they bulldoze me over in a hug. I laugh as I tumble to the floor from the unexpected weight as Laura walks in the door. She sees the sight in front of her and instead of helping me up, takes a picture with her phone. She then helps me up. I hide the information about the flat in my pocket and walk with Laura and the kids into the kitchen. This is where we find Helena cooking and Billy and Nell doing their homework. "How did the photoshoot go today?" Helena asks. "Ask Tom he'll tell you he was my test subject." Laura says smirking at me again. Helena raises her eyebrows and asks "So how did it go?" she looks at me waiting for my answer. "It went well. Actually, Jason loved Laura's work so much, her and I actually got to do a photoshoot together today as well. Jason even made her extra copies of a bunch of the photos of us so that she could start making a modeling portfolio". I reply. Helena raises her eyebrows at Laura. "So following in your mum's footsteps, I see." Laura rolls her eyes. "That wasn't my intention mum." Laura says her face going weasley red. "Don't be ashamed Laura, this could be a good potential job opportunity. You may be able to leave working at the club altogether and can focus on being home more with the kids. Helena says. Laura looks like she is contemplating this then says "That sounds good in theory, but what happens when Tom isn't working? It would be nice for me to be able to work and get supplemental income." Helena and I look at each other and then at Laura we never knew she felt so strongly about being a full- time stay at-home parent we know now that Brieanna is ten, Dylan is seven, Sylar is three and Ellynn and DJ are a year old Laura is trying to work more now that all the kids are in school and daycare full time but as far as finances I never knew she felt so strongly about contributing. I'm now thinking that not telling her about the flat is not a good idea and I should be honest with her about it. I decide against it and want to keep it a surprise as a gift for our anniversary in a few months in December. I grab the information about the flat and say, "I'm going upstairs to take a shower and run lines for work tomorrow." " Okay" Laura answers. I feel her watching me as I head upstairs. I head into the bedroom and close the door. I take out the flyer about the flat and call the realtor. I learn from the realtor it's a six bedroom, four bathroom house for $525,000. This way there would be a room for Laura and me, Brieanna and Ellynn would share, Dylan and DJ would share and we would have extra bedrooms either for guests or more kids or both. I discuss my financial situation with the realtor and tell her we aren't in a hurry to move but we want to be moved in before Christmas. She assures me that can work and asks me to meet her to do a tour of the house. I get off the phone and after showering and am about to head out the door when Laura asks "Where are you going?" " I have to go run an errand for work. " I tell her. "Okay, be careful." She says, kissing me as I walk out the door. I meet with the realtor and we walk through the house. It doesn't need any work and is in great shape. I take photos with my phone to show Helena later. When we are done, we exit the house and I thank the realtor and shake her hand. I head back home smiling and in good spirits, hoping my surprise will be something to look forward to.

Laura P.O.V.
I see the most adorable sight in front of me when I walk in the door after the photoshoot. I see Tom laying on the floor where the kids have bulldozed him over in a hug. Instead of helping him up, I take a picture with my phone. I then help him up. I walk with Tom and the kids into the kitchen. This is where we find Helena cooking and Billy and Nell doing their homework. "How did the photoshoot go today?" Helena asks. "Ask Tom. He'll tell you he was my test subject." I say, smirking at him again. Helena raises her eyebrows and asks "So how did it go?" she looks at Tom waiting for his answer. "It went well. Actually, Jason loved Laura's work so much, her and I actually got to do a photoshoot together today as well. Jason even made her extra copies of a bunch of the photos of us so that she could start making a modeling portfolio". he replies. Helena raises her eyebrows at me. "So following in your mum's footsteps, I see." I roll my eyes. "That wasn't my intention, mum." I say, my face going weasley red. "Don't be ashamed Laura, this could be a good potential job opportunity. You may be able to leave working at the club altogether and can focus on being home more with the kids. Helena says. I contemplate this then say "That sounds good in theory, but what happens when Tom isn't working? It would be nice for me to be able to work and get supplemental income." Helena and Tom look at each other and then at me. I know I've made my intentions clear that I want to work. I want to be a working mom. After thinking things over, I see Tom heading out the door where are you going?" I ask. " I have to go run an errand for work. " He tells me. "Okay, be careful." I say, kissing him and I watch him as he walks out the door.