Part 56

Tom P.O.V. 

The next morning I awaken in a cold sweat. I am worried when I look over and see Laura isn't asleep in bed next to me. I then remember she is missing. I grab my phone and dial the police. "What is your emergency?" the dispatcher asks when they pick up. "My wife has been missing since early last night she said she was going to the park to go for a walk and she never came home." I say trying not to panic. "Okay have you tried her cell phone." the dispatcher asks. "Yes I have I don't know if her battery is dead she left her charger at home but I'm worried." I say. "Don't worry I will send someone out to the park to look around and we will file a missing persons report." they tell me. "Thank you." I say hanging up. I then stop and think about what has gone on in the last few months and then it hits me. I remember reading that her ex was released from prison. I call the 911 operator back and say "Hello I just called to report my wife missing I think her ex who has just been released from prison may have her his name is Jason I don't know where he lives but he would be the one to look at." I say. "Okay sir we will take it into consideration and see what we can do." the dispatcher tells me hanging up. I sit on the edge of the bed thinking "Where are you Laura?"  

Laura P.O.V. 

I awaken in a cold room almost like a cell. I am bruised and bloody. I can hear Jason outside the door so I pretend to still be knocked out. I hear the door open and I hear him snicker. "Wake up sleeping beauty we are going for a drive." I can feel him grab me forcefully as he pulls my binding off as they cut into my skin causing my ankles and wrists to bleed. He pulls me up and drags me out of the cell and throws me into the trunk of his car. He closes the lid and I can hear him getting in the driver's side and starting the car. He starts to drive, and he continues to drive for quite some time before the car finally comes to a screeching halt and he cuts the engine. I can hear him walking to the trunk and he forces the lid open and looks down at me. "We are going to have some fun." he says, smirking down at me. He grabs me by the wrists and I try to fight him off but have no luck. He drags a few hundred feet before throwing me on the ground and he starts to beat me all over again. I come to a few hours later after smelling smoke. I suddenly realize I am on fire. I manage to roll until the flames are out, but by then my body has given out and I succumb to unconsciousness.