chapter 12

Laura P.O.V.
   Once I am released from the hospital Helena and I head back to her house. When we arrive I expected to see Tim, Billy and Nell at the house, but they weren't there. We walked into the kitchen and found a note on the fridge. I walked over and took it off. What I read hurt.
Dear Helena, I've decided you give a shit more about this bastard kid than about us. Therefore, I'm taking the kids and going to my parents until you come to your senses. Tim
I read the note and collapsed on the floor. How could I do this much damage to Helena after all she did for me. Helena follows me into the kitchen. She takes the note out of my hand and reads it. I see her eyes start to fill with tears. "I'm sorry Helena." I say crying.   "You have nothing to apologize for Laura it's not your fault."  I walk up to my room and lock the door. I then decide I know what I have to do.

Helena P.O.V.
I head back to the house with Laura after getting her released from the hospital. When we get home, I noticed Tim and the kids weren't there. "Maybe they went out to run errands." I think. I watch Laura walk into the kitchen, probably looking for real food. I then notice her sink to the floor, a piece of paper in her hand. I follow her into the kitchen and take the piece of paper from her. I read the note from Tim.
Dear Helena, I've decided you give a shit more about that bastard kid than about us. Therefore, I'm taking the kids and going to my parents until you have come to your senses. Tim
My eyes start to fill with tears. "I'm sorry Helena." Laura says. She also has tears dripping down her face. "She probably feels responsible." I think to myself. "You have nothing to apologize for." I tell her. I watch her as she walks up to her room and closes the door.