Chapter 20

Laura P.O.V. 

Tom and I walked into the kitchen to eat. As we eat, I notice him looking at me funny. "Tom, what is it?" I ask. "Nothing, it's just you're really beautiful." he says. I feel my face getting hot as I blush weasley red for the second time today. I notice Tom blushing. "You're not so bad looking yourself." I say. I watch him smile and he reaches his hand across the table at me. I let him take it and I look into his eyes and I am immediately lost in them. I can notice him doing the same. We stare at each other for at least a good minute before we look away. "So, it's getting close to Christmas." I say. "It's six months away." Tom said. "I know, I just plan ahead," I say. "I don't know, but when I think of it, I'll let you know." Tom says smiling. "Okay." I say. "What about you?" he asks me. I blush in reply. "Laura, what is it? You can tell me." Tom says, reaching for my hand. "Its stupid." I say. Helena knows what I really want. In fact, Helena knows two things I really want. Tom and a baby, but I won't tell Tom that. He'll think I'm crazy. When we finish eating, we head up to my room and turn on the television. We settle on watching Home Alone. While watching the movie, I lean my head into Tom and he wraps his arm around me. We then end up falling asleep. A little while later, I wake up to the sound of crying. I roll over and see Tom still passed out cold asleep. I quietly get out of bed. I check on Helena and notice that she has fallen asleep as well. I head downstairs and open the door. I see three beautiful children standing in the doorway. After a few minutes, I realize I know these kids. They are my God children. I open my arms and the two older ones run into them and we embrace. I let them in the house and take the youngest one, who is in his car seat in his stroller, into the house. I pick up the baby out of his car seat and sit on the sofa with him. The older two climb up and join me. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask. Brieanna, the oldest, looks at me and says, "Mommy didn't want us anymore." I look at her my eyes filling with tears. I then decide I know what I have to do. Helena comes down the stairs and sees me sitting on the couch with the kids. "What's going on?" she asks, looking surprised. "Helena, I want you to meet my God children Brieanna Dylan and Sylar." I say. She looks at me and then looks at them and back at me. I can tell she knows what I'm thinking. I walk over to her and say, "I want to adopt them." "Okay, we can visit with a lawyer tomorrow." She says. "Thank you." I say, hugging her as best I can while holding on to my youngest charge. Tom comes down the stairs and notices the kids. "Who are these cuties?" "These are my God children." I tell him. "They are adorable." Tom says. "Thank you." Brieanna replies. I look at Tom and we laugh. 

The next day Helena and I head to the lawyer's office. I fill out a bunch of paperwork, which Helena has to help me with. When I'm done with the paperwork, we meet with the lawyer. After we have a lengthy discussion, Helena asks a question I've been dying to ask, but am afraid to. "How long will it take before we know if she has permanent full custody of the kids?" The lawyer looks at me and smiles knowingly. "If all goes well and if we can get it going now, I'd say you'll be a mom by Christmas, Laura." I give a small smile, afraid of sending the wrong message. "Thank  you so much Mr. Smith, it means a lot." Helena says. I nod and he shakes our hands and we walk out of the office. I try not to let my emotions get to me. Helena looks at me and smiles. "Don't forget I'll be here for you no matter what." she says, hugging me. "Thank you mum." I say. "You're welcome, sweetheart." She says. We then head to the car and drive home. When we walk in the door, we see the most adorable sight in the world. Tom is lying on the sofa with Sylar on his chest while Dylan and Brieanna are cuddled into his side. Helena and I both take pictures with our phones without waking them. "Tom will make a great dad one day." Helena says winking at me. "I know he will I say, smiling. 

Tom P.O.V. 

I wake up and see Laura is gone. "We must have fallen asleep." I thought. I walk downstairs and see Laura and Helena standing in the living room. Laura has three little kids standing with her. I think it's the cutest thing in the world and know she will make a great mum. I can't wait to marry her and have kids. "Who are these cuties?" I ask. Laura looks at me and says, "These are my God children Brieanna, Dylan and Sylar." "They are adorable." I say. "Thank you." the little girl replies. Laura looks at me and we laugh. 

Laura and Helena headed out on an errand, so I offered to stay with the kids. Laura left instructions and rules for the kids before she left. The kids and I were laying on the sofa watching Finding Nemo. At, some point, we must have fallen asleep. 

Helena P.O.V. 

Laura and Tom had fallen asleep and I decide to lie down as well. I woke up a little while later to voices downstairs. I see Laura sitting on the sofa in the living room with three children. "What's going on?" I ask. "Helena, I want you to meet my God children Brieanna Dylan and Sylar." Laura says. Laura then walks over to me and says, "I want to adopt them." I look at her and say, "Okay, we can go see the lawyer tomorrow." I say. I open my arms and she hugs me as best she can while holding her youngest in her arms. 

The next day, Laura and I head to the lawyer's office. I've been seeing this lawyer to adopt Laura. I should know hopefully in the next week whether or not, she is legally mine. I help Laura fill out a bunch of paperwork. When we are done, we have a lengthy discussion with the lawyer about what has to happen. The upside is most of what Laura has to do is done. I know Laura has been dying to ask one particular question but she is resisting to ask, so I ask it for her. "How long will it take before we know if she has permanent custody of the kids?" The lawyer smiles and says, "If all goes well and if we can get it going now, I'd say you'll be a mom by Christmas Laura." I can see her give a small smile, but I know on the inside she is screaming. It's only a few months until Christmas so, she's anxious. "Thank you Mr. Smith, this means a lot." I say, shaking his hand. He shakes Laura's as well. We head out of the office and I look at Laura and say, "Don't forget I'll be here for you no matter what." while embracing her. "Thank you, mum." she says returning the hug. "You're welcome, sweetheart." I say. All the while I' thinking to myself, I'm almost your mum. We head to the car and go home, and what we see is the cutest sight ever. Tom is asleep on the couch with Sylar laying on his chest while Dylan and Brieanna are cuddled to his side. We both take pictures with our phone careful not to wake them. "Tom will make a great dad one day." I say. "I know." Laura says, smiling.