Untitled Part 6

Helena P.O.V.
Once I finish talking to Tim, I go into the kid's rooms to say good night. I then decide to head to Laura's room to check on her. I open the door and realize she isn't there. The clothes she was wearing that day are folded neatly on the bed. I then notice a note on the bed. It reads, "Dear Helena, thank you for all that you have done for me. No one has ever been as nice to me as you have. I really appreciate it so much. I, however, know when I am not wanted. I'm so sorry for doing this to you. I wish I didn't have to. I will remember you fondly and will miss you. Hugs and love, Laura.
I look at the note with tears in my eyes. I now realize that she heard Tim didn't want her here, and she probably assumed I felt the same way, even though that was the farthest from the truth. I go back to the bedroom with Laura's note still in my hand. Tim notices I look upset and asks, "What's wrong?" I'm too upset to speak, so I just hand him the note. He scans it quickly and then hands it back to me and says, "Good she's gone now. She isn't our problem anymore." I turn around and head for the bedroom doorway. "Where are you going?" Tim asks. I decide to make him mad, so I reply by saying, "I'm going to find my daughter." I then walk out of the bedroom and out of the house and into the night.