Untitled Part 8

Laura P.O.V.
​Later that night I have nowhere to go again, so I hide in the park and sleep on a bench. During the night I keep thinking of Helena and how heartbroken she must be. "She must also be glad to get rid of me too." I think to myself, before falling into an uneasy sleep. The next morning I wake and decide to walk through the park. As I do so I see a lot of families with young kids at the park playing together and being happy, not having a worry in the world. As I continue my walk I accidentally bump into someone. I look up and see a young guy with dirty blonde and blue eyes looking at me. "Sorry I didn't see you." I say. "It's okay I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He says. "I'm Tom by the way." He says extending his hand out to me. . "I'm Laura." I say shaking his hand. "Are you from around here?" Tom asks. "I used to live with someone, before that I don't remember." I lie, hoping he will buy it. I don't think he did but he didn't press the subject. "Where do you live now?" Tom asks curious. "I live in a motel." I lie hoping he would buy the story. He seems to. "Well Tom it's been nice talking to you, but I have to go." "Okay see you later." Tom says. I turn around and walk back to the alley, back to the only place I can call home.

Tom P.O.V

I continue my walk through the park. Something seemed really off about her. I think to myself. I didn't have time to worry about it now; I had to get to work. When I arrived at the set an hour later, I noticed Helena didn't look good. She looked like she hadn't slept in days. I walked over to her and sat down next to her. "Helena, what's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing Tom it's just she pauses for a minute before continuing, "A young girl who I rescued off the streets ran off. She overheard Tim say that he didn't want her living with us and that he didn't trust her. So she ran off. I've been trying to find her for the last week, but I have had no luck." I can tell Helena is really heartbroken. I then ask, "What was her name?" "Laura," she answered. I stop and think for a minute. "Should I tell her about the girl I met? I don't want to get her hopes up if it isn't her." I look at Helena and say, "Helena, I met this girl in the park earlier today. She said her name was Laura. She said she was staying with a friend before she overheard something and left." I say. Helena looks at me with a smile suddenly appearing on her face. "Tom, that's her, that's Laura." She says, hugging me. "Glad I could help." I said.

Helena P.O.V.

I arrived at work feeling miserable. I still haven't found Laura and I haven't slept for a week. I notice then Tom comes over and sits next to me. "Helena, what's wrong?" He asks. I debate on whether or not to tell him about Laura. I then say" Nothing Tom it's just I pause for a minute before continuing a young girl who I rescued off the streets ran off. She overheard Tim say that he didn't want her living with us and that he didn't trust her. So she ran off. I've been trying to find her for the last week but I have had no luck." Tom then asks, "What's her name?" "Laura." I answer. I notice Tom deep in thought for a minute before he says, "Helena, I met this girl at the park earlier today. She said her name was Laura. She said she was staying with a friend before she overheard something and left." Tom tells me. A smile suddenly appears on my face. "Tom that's her, that's Laura." I tell him. I pull Tom into a hug as he says, "Glad I could help."