chapter 18

Laura P.O.V.
I wake up feeling gross. I knew I had fallen asleep on the sofa. I just don't know how I made it upstairs. I pushed back the covers and decided to take a shower to make myself feel better. I went into the bathroom and got into the shower after removing my clothes. I heard my bedroom door open while I was drying off. "Probably Helena checking on me." I thought. I exited the loo and saw Tom standing in my room. "He must have not have heard the shower." I thought. He stared at me standing in the doorway of the loo in nothing but a towel. "Sorry love I just came up to check on you, and make sure that you are okay." he says. I can tell he is trying not to stutter. "Thank you Tom, I'm fine." I say. "Do you need a hand love?" He asks. I stop and think for a second. "I had a hard enough time getting in and out of the shower a set of hands to help me change wouldn't be the worst thing." I think to myself. I walk over to my dresser and pick out a pair of underwear, a sports bra and pajamas. "Tom could you close your eyes for a second?" I ask. "Sure thing love." He says doing as told. I slide those on and go and sit on my bed. "Tom you can open your eyes now, you can't help me with your eyes closed." I say. He opens his eyes while chuckling. I stand up and drop the towel and notice him looking me up and down. I grab my pants and hold on to his shoulders as he helps me. I then throw on my sports bra and Tom helps me with my shirt. I notice as he's pulling it down for me he is very gentle about my scar from where I was shot. I can feel him tracing the scar with his hand which gives me chills. As soon as he is done he says "are you hungry love?" "Starving." I say as my stomach growls. Tom chuckles and says "I guess you are." He then picks me up bridal style which I wasn't expecting which makes me squeal. "Tom, put me down." I say playfully punching him. He fakes hurt and says "I enjoy carrying you around." "Tom I can walk." I protest. "That gives me an idea." He says, an evil smirk forming on his face as he lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder. I squeal in protest and say "Tom put me down this instant!" "Why would I do that I thought you would enjoy the view, I know I am." I can tell from the smug tone of his voice he is enjoying this and I can feel my face get hot. He then proceeds to carry me downstairs into the kitchen where Helena is standing at the stove cooking. She turns around and looks surprised at what she sees. "I told him not to, he wouldn't listen." I protest. "I can see that." she says chuckling. I notice a glint in her eye. "Laura's hungry." Tom says as once again my stomach decides to growl. They both laugh as I blush in embarrassment. "Well sweetheart you're in luck I'm making pancakes for dinner." "My favorite." Tom and I say in unison. We look at each other and burst into a fit of laughter. "They'll be ready in a little bit." Helena says, turning back to her cooking. Tom picks me up yet again making me squeal and he carries me into the living room where he sits me on his lap after turning on the television. We settle on watching Murder in the First. While watching it Tom wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to him. I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. I can feel Tom lay his head on top of mine and we fall asleep.

Tom P.O.V.

I've been really worried about Laura. So worried in fact I'm afraid to leave her side. Once everyone has left Helena and I are cleaning up. "Helena do you mind if I spend the night? I could help you keep an eye on Laura." I say. "Sure Tom, that would be fine." she answers. We finish cleaning and I head up to Laura's room to check on her. I hear the shower running. The next thing I knew she was exiting the loo in nothing but a towel. She panicked when she saw me staring at her and wrapped the towel tighter around her frail frame. "Sorry love I just came upstairs to check on you, just wanted to make sure you were alright." I said. "Thank you Tom, I'm fine." She said. "Do you need a hand love?" I ask, trying not to stutter. She stops and think for a second. She walks over to her dresser and picks out a pair of underwear, a sports bra and pajamas. "Tom could you close your eyes for a second?" she asks. "Sure thing love." I say, doing as told. I can hear her sitting down on her bed. "Tom you can open your eyes now, you can't help me with your eyes closed." She says. I open my eyes while chuckling. She stands up and drops the towel and I can't help but look her up and down. She grabs her pants and holds on to my shoulders as I help her. She then throws on her sports bra and I help her with her shirt. I pull down her shirt for her and make sure I'm very gentle about her scar from where she was shot. I carefully trace the scar with my hand and I can feel her shiver under my touch. As soon as I'm done I ask "are you hungry love?" "Starving." she says as her stomach growls. I chuckle and say "I guess you are." I then pick her up bridal style which she wasn't expecting which makes her squeal. "Tom, put me down." she says playfully punching me. I fake hurt and say "I enjoy carrying you around." "Tom I can walk." she protests. "That gives me an idea." I say, an evil smirk forming on my face as I lift her up and throw her over my shoulder. She squeals in protest and says "Tom put me down this instant!" "Why would I do that I thought you would enjoy the view, I know I am." I say my voice smug. I am enjoying this and I can see her face go weasley red. I then proceed to carry her downstairs into the kitchen where Helena is standing at the stove cooking. She turns around and looks surprised at what she sees. "I told him not to, he wouldn't listen." Laura protests. "I can see that." Helena says chuckling. I notice a glint in her eye. "Laura's hungry." I say as once again her stomach decides to growl. We both laugh as she blushes in embarrassment. "Well sweetheart you're in luck I'm making pancakes for dinner." "My favorite." Laura and I say in unison. We look at each other and burst into a fit of laughter. "They'll be ready in a little bit." Helena says, turning back to her cooking. I pick her up yet again making her squeal and I carry her into the living room where I sit her on my lap after turning on the television. We settle on watching Murder in the First. While watching it I wrap my arm around she shoulders and pull her close to me. She leans her head on my shoulder, and I notice her eyes start to drift close. I lay my head on top of hers and we fall asleep.

Helena P.O.V.

Once Tom and I finished cleaning he went upstairs to check on Laura while I finshed picking up a few things. While heading into the kitchen I heard Laura squeal. I can hear her squeal again as her and Tom come down the stairs as she says "Tom put me down this instant!" I turn and looked surprised as I see Tom enter the kitchen with Laura over his shoulder. "I told him not to, he wouldn't listen." Laura says looking at me from over Tom's shoulder. "I can see that." I say a glint in my eye. "Laura's hungry." Tom states as we hear Laura's stomach growl. Tom and I laugh and Laura blushes. "Well sweetheart you're in luck I'm making pancakes for dinner." "My favorite." Tom and Laura say in union. They look at each other and burst into a fit of giggles. "They'll be ready in a little bit." I say. I hear Laura squeal as Tom picks her up bridal style as he walks her into the living room. I hear Tom turn on the television and they settle on watching Murder in the First. Once the pancakes are done I put them on a plate. "Dinners ready." I wait a minute and hear nothing, I walk into the living room to the most adorable sight. Tom is laying on the couch with Laura on top of him. Her head on his chest. I cover them up with a blanket and kiss Laura's forehead and let them sleep.