Part 61

Laura P.O.V. 

I arrive home at six am the next morning to find the kids up and eating breakfast. "Good morning mum." they say racing over to hug me before going back to finish their breakfast. I see mum sitting at the table feeding the twins but I don't see Tom. "Where is Tom." I ask mum grabbing an apple out of the bowl on the counter and taking a bite. "He left for work around five this morning to go film. He said he may end up having to work really late tonight so if that's the case he said he may just stay in a hotel until he is done." "Okay." I say feeling my heart sink. "Do you want something else to eat I can make you something if you are still hungry." Mum says. "No thank you I had a long night last night so I'm going to go take a shower and then get some sleep." I tell her stifling a yawn. "Unfortunately sleep is going to have to wait I need you at the set today to film with me remember." mum says. "Okay let me go shower and make myself a cup of coffee and we can drop the kids off at your mum's and go." I tell her racing upstairs to grab clothes and shower quickly. As soon as I am ready we pack up the kids and bring them to Helena's mum's house who is going to take the kids to school and daycare. When we arrive on the set we meet up with the director and we go over our scenes for the day. We start shooting and for some reason I am having a hard time concentrating. "Laura focus." the director yells at me, while snapping me out of my trance. I notice Mum is looking at me concerned. "Take five." the director says walking away. "Are you alright sweetheart?" Mum asks me. "I'm fine I'm just overtired from working all night." I answer. "Just try to relax why don't we go get some water and rest for a bit." mum says as we walk over to a water cooler and grab some water. Once we finish our break we go back to shooting. 

Once we are done for the day Mum and I head home. When we arrive we find Tom at home with the kids. Tom and the kids greet us at the door. Tom and I share a quick kiss before I am tackled by the kids. "Mum how was your day?" the kids ask. "Busy, mum is tired." I answer. The kids get off and run to the kitchen to help Tom who is standing at the stove cooking dinner. "Are you hungry?" Tom asks us as we enter the kitchen. "Not really I think I'm going to bed." I say heading for the stairs as Tom is serving Helena and the kids chicken with vegetables for dinner with a side of rice. "Are you alright love?" Tom asks walking into the living room behind me after finishing serving Helena and the kids. "I'm okay I'm just really overtired." I say feeling myself fall against his chest. I can feel Tom wrapping his strong arms around me in a warm embrace. I can feel my eyes starting to close and I can feel Tom lifting me and carrying me up the stairs. I can feel him laying me in bed and covering me up and kissing me before I hear the bedroom door close as he exits the room. 

Tom P.O.V. 

I find myself worrying about Laura. She is working two jobs plus taking care of five kids plus Billy and Nell. "Tom are you alright?" Helena asks as I walk back into the kitchen. "I'm okay just worried about Laura, she is running herself ragged." I say sitting down next to the twins and finishing feeding them. "You know how your wife is Tom, family comes first with her." Helena says finishing feeding Sylar and then taking him to change his nappy.  I stop and think about what Helena said. I know family is important to Laura and that we come first but she doesn't have to push herself so much. I finish feeding the kids and head upstairs to get ready for work and I see Laura sleeping peacefully in bed. I quietly close the door but forget that my wife has ears like a dog and can hear even the quietest sounds. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles at me. I walk over to the bed and kiss her. "How was work?" I ask looking deep into her beautiful blue eyes. "Long and tiring but I don't have to work tonight so maybe if we are lucky we can have a night to ourselves." she says purring at me. I find myself liking the idea of having a night alone with Laura since we don't get them too often. I decide later that I will order takeout and we can have a nice dinner at home. "I'll talk to Helena." I tell her. I get off the bed and can feel Laura watching me as I change to head to work.