part 73

Helena P.O.V.
It's been a few months since new years and I notice Laura hasn't been herself much lately. She has been really tired and has been getting sick a lot. Tom and I have encouraged her to go to the doctor, but won't go. She keeps telling us it's a flu bug or fatigue from working and from being around all the kids and she'll be fine. I know the last time Laura was like this she was pregnant and miscarried two years ago. I feel like Laura is fighting the urge to go to the doctors because she is afraid of finding out what is wrong. I watch her with Ellynn and Daniel and I notice she looks pale. "Listen sweetheart I really think you should go to the doctor." I implore her. "Mum I'm fine, I'm sure it's nothing." I know how stubborn my daughter is and I decide not to fight with her anymore. "I don't want to hear it when there is something wrong, I'll only say I told you so." I tell her, looking her dead in the eye. Laura rolls her eyes at me. I notice as she is  putting the twins down for a nap she looks in pain. "Laura why don't you go lay down and I'll look after the twins." I tell her. " I'm fine mum." Laura says. She grabs her bottle of aspirin and takes two of them and she seems better. "I feel better already." She says. " Listen to me young lady if you aren't feeling better by tomorrow I am taking you to the doctor. " "Fine." Laura says being defiant. " I'm going out tonight so it'll just be you and Tom in the house my mum is spending the night with the kids. " I tell her. "Okay." Laura says. I notice her wince a little. "Laura are you sure you're alright? " I ask her. "I'm fine mum it's just the start of my monthly it's always this bad." She tells me. I kiss her head and say " I'm getting ready to go out with Anne, Sandra and Cate for dinner if you need me call me. " I tell her. "I'll be fine Mum." she says. I kiss her head and walk back through the passage to go get ready.

Laura P.O.V.
It's been a few months since my night with Tom and I haven't been myself much lately. I've been really tired and have been getting sick a lot. Tom and mum have been begging me to go to the doctor but I won't go. I just keep passing it off as a flu bug or just being tired from working and from being around the kids. I'm currently at home with mum and the twins while Tom took the kids out to run errands. I'm with Ellynn and Daniel and mum and I find myself feeling tired. "Listen sweetheart I really think you should go to the doctor." mum implores me. "Mum I'm fine I'm sure it's nothing." I know how stubborn I am being and I can tell mum doesn't want to fight with me anymore. "I don't want to hear it when there is something wrong, I'll only say I told you so." Mum tells me, looking me dead in the eye. I roll my eyes at her. As I am putting the twins down for a nap I suddenly get pain in my lower back.  "Laura why don't you go lay down and I'll look after the twins." Mum tells me. " I'm fine mum. " I say. I grab my bottle of aspirin and take two of them and I feel a little better. "I feel better already." I say. " Listen to me young lady, if you aren't feeling better by tomorrow I am taking you to the doctor. " mum says. "Fine." I say, being defiant. " I'm going out tonight so it'll just be you and Tom in the house my mum is spending the night with the kids. " mum tells me. "Okay." I say. I notice myself wince a little when I get pain in my back. "Laura are you sure you're alright? " mum asks me. "I'm fine mum it's just the start of my monthly it's always this bad." I tell her. Mum kisses my head and says, " I'm getting ready to go out with Anne, Sandra and Cate for dinner if you need me call me. " she tells me. "I'll be fine Mum." I say. She kisses my head and walks back through the passage to go get ready.