part 75

Helena P.O.V.
I arrive home from dinner with my friends to find the house eerily quiet. I can hear Willow barking. I go through the passage and find Willow in the bedroom. "What's wrong Willow?" I ask. She leads me to the bathroom, where I notice a trail of drops of blood on the floor. I find myself getting nervous thinking back to when Laura was self harming and and I go into panic mode and call Tom. He picks up on the first ring. " Tom what's going on?  Are you and Laura  alright I'm at the house with Willow and there is a trail of blood on the bathroom floor. " I say trying not to panic. "Meet me at the hospital I can't explain over there phone." Tom says. " I'm on my way. " I tell him. I race back out to my car and get to the hospital as fast as I can. When I arrive at the ER I am met by Tom in the waiting room. "Tom what's wrong? Where's Laura?" I ask, panicked about my daughter. " Helena they had to take Laura in for emergency surgery her shunts failed after... " I notice he stops talking. "Tom what the fuck is going on?!!" I demand. He motions for me to follow him and I do. This is the first time I notice the blood on his shirt. "Tom, your shirt what the fuck happened?" I continue to follow him until he abruptly stops. I stop short and look at him. " Tom what the bloody hell is going on? " I ask again, getting more upset each time I ask. He turns and points. I look where he is pointing and see a little baby boy. On the tag in the bassinet it says Felton. Tom has the biggest grin on his face. "Laura had a baby." I say, speechless. Tom nods his head, the grin not leaving his face. "We ended up having an emergency homebirth. We didn't have time to call 999. Laura talked me through everything. She was a champion. " Tom says, speaking highly of his wife. "Then her shunts failed so they had to take her in for surgery." Tom said, and I can see worry etched across his face. " Tom, Laura will be okay. " I tell him. I then decided to change the subject to a happier one "Happy birthday daddy." I say, realizing what today is. " Thank you grandma. " Tom says, offering a slight smile. We wait in the waiting room, for word on Laura. After eight tense hours, a nurse comes out and says "Are you here for Laura?" " Yes. " Tom and I reply together. "Laura made it out of the surgery fine but it will take her some time to heal." The nurse says.  "Thank you." Tom says to the nurse. "She's in room 713 of you want to go see her." The nurse states, before walking away. After the nurse has left Tom and I find out way to Laura's room and open the door. We find her laying in the bed looking fragile. "I going to have  my mum keep the kids tonight so we can stay." I tell Tom. He looks up and says  "That's fine." I can tell he is distracted. "Tom what's wrong?" " Nothing just worried about Laura and the new baby? " he says, kissing the back of Laura's hand. Her eyes flutter open and a few tears fall down her face. She turns and looks at Tom and I hear her whisper "baby." " The baby's fine. He's perfectly healthy. " Tom tells her, smiling at her. "It's a boy?" She asks, I notice she looks tired. " A perfectly healthy boy 8lbs 6oz 22 inches long". Tom shows her a photo of the baby on his phone. Laura smiled weakly and then notices I'm there. "I'm sorry mum, it was an emergency." She tells me. If she thinks I'm upset over the fact she had a baby I most certainly an not. I'm more I upset I couldn't be there to help them through this. "You have nothing to apologize for sweetheart." I tell her.
The next morning I head home briefly to shower and change and when I return I see Laura sitting up in bed holding the baby and giving him a bottle. Tom notices I've returned and looks up. "Come meet your new grandson Jason Thomas Felton. He tells me, smiling. I walk over and Tom hands me the newest addition. I try my hardest not to cry.

Tom P.O.V.

I'm at the hospital, waiting for word on Laura when I hear my phone. I look at it and notice it's Helena . I answer and hear her frantic on the other end of the line "Tom what's going on?  Are you and Laura alright I'm at the house with Willow and there is a trail of blood on the bathroom floor. " I can tell she is trying not to panic. "Meet me at the hospital I can't explain over there phone." I say. " I'm on my way. " she tells me.  When she  arrives at the ER I meet her in the waiting room. "Tom what's wrong? Where's Laura?" Helena asks, panicked about her daughter.  "Helena they had to take Laura in for emergency surgery her shunts failed after... " I suddenly get nervous and stop talking. "Tom what the fuck is going on?!!" She demands. I motion for her to follow me and she does. This is the first time she notices the blood on my shirt. "Tom your shirt what the fuck happened?" she continues to follow me until I abruptly stop. She stops short and looks at me. " Tom what the bloody hell is going on? " she asks again, getting more upset each time she asks. I turn and point. I notice her look where I am pointing and she sees a little baby boy. On the tag in the bassinet it says Felton. I have the biggest grin on my face. "Laura had a baby." Helena says, speechless. I nod my head, the grin not leaving my face. "We ended up having an emergency homebirth. We didn't have time to call 999. Laura talked me through everything. She was a champion. " I say, speaking highly of my wife. "Then her shunts failed so they had to take her in for surgery." I said, and I can feel  worry etching its way across my face. " Tom, Laura will be okay. " Helena tells me. She  then changes the subject to a happier one "Happy birthday daddy." Helena says. I was so distracted by Laura not feeling well I didn't even realize what today was. " Thank you grandma. " I say, offering a slight smile. We wait in the waiting room, for word on Laura. After eight tense hours, a nurse comes out and says "Are you here for Laura?" " Yes. " Helena and I reply together. "Laura made it out of the surgery fine but it will take her some time to heal." The nurse says.  "Thank you." I say, to the nurse. "She's in room 713 of you want to go see her." The nurse states, before walking away. After the nurse has left Helena and I find our way to Laura's room and open the door. We find her laying in the bed looking fragile. "I going to have  my mum keep the kids tonight so we can stay." Helena says. I look up and say, "That's fine." I feel myself being distracted. "Tom what's wrong?" " Nothing just worried about Laura and the new baby? " I say, kissing the back of Laura's hand. Her eyes flutter open and a few tears fall down her face. She turns and looks at me and I hear her whisper "baby." " The baby's fine. He's perfectly healthy. "I tell her, smiling at her. "It's a boy?" She asks, I notice she looks tired. " A perfectly healthy boy 8lbs 6oz 22 inches long". I show her a photo of the baby on my phone. Laura smiles weakly and then notices Helena is there. "I'm sorry mum, it was an emergency." She tells her. I know she feels bad about what happened. "You have nothing to apologize for sweetheart." Helena tells her.
Early the next morning I head home briefly to shower and change and when I return I see Laura still in bed sleeping. When the baby starts to fuss I go to take him and hold him looking at my beautiful son. Laura then sits up in the bed, after hearing him crying and wanting to eat. I hold the baby and then watch as Laura gives him a bottle. What do you want to name him? " Laura asks me. "What about Seamus? I say, being half funny half serious. Laura tilts her head and says "Maybe, what about Remus John?" She asks. I imitate her and say " maybe what about Jason after grandpa Lucius. I say, looking at Laura. "I like it Jason Thomas Felton welcome to the world." Laura says, kissing his head. I take a selfie of us with the baby and send it to my mum who calls me crying. " He's so beautiful I can't wait until you guys come home. The kids will be so excited. " I know my mum will want to come stay and help when the new baby comes home. When Helena returns later that morning. I've  noticed she's returned and look up. "Come meet your new grandson Jason Thomas Felton. I tell her, smiling. She walks over and I hand her the newest addition. I can tell she is trying not to cry. "So does this mean no more grandkids?" Laura and I look at each other. "We don't know, I guess we'll wait and see." I tell her smiling. Little did we know there was a bigger surprise in store.